Unknown DCC Sound Chip for Class 37

zoomer1979

Hi, recently bought a DCC Sound fitted Bachmann Class 37, advertised as Legomanbiffo sounds. It is not the usual sounds and functions and I have contacted the seller to say it was not. He insisted it is, but an early one.

Here is a picture of it. I'm hoping I can confirm it is not as advertised.

Neil.

DSC_0390.JPG

I did have a very early LB 37 on a V3.5 many moons ago .

It had a class 25 triple pump whining away on start up 🤔

The one after that would be his Spa valley version which might not be on general sale these days .

That version along with all his others can be seen on YouTube for comparison .

The other main sound providers at that time would have been SWD and Howes 

• Thanks 1

Here is a look at the function list as I've found it. The horns aren't playable F8 does nothing, flange squeak is just the one sound irrespective of speed and F11 increases engine speed and it stays that way even when stopping.

Neil.

Screenshot_20240217-165302.png

Edited by zoomer1979
Additional info

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, zoomer1979 said:

Hi, recently bought a DCC Sound fitted Bachmann Class 37, advertised as Legomanbiffo sounds. It is not the usual sounds and functions and I have contacted the seller to say it was not. He insisted it is, but an early one.

Here is a picture of it. I'm hoping I can confirm it is not as advertised.

Neil.

If you install JMRI.

You can  then use "DecoderPro" to check the decoder (but not the sound project) without dismantling the item.

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 minutes ago, zoomer1979 said:

Here is a look at the function list as I've found it. The horns aren't playable F8 does nothing, flange squeak is just the one sound irrespective of speed and F11 increases engine speed and it stays that way even when stopping.

Neil.

Screenshot_20240217-165302.png

I had an SWD version that had a function button to increase the revs there was also a button to reduce it which may be F12 

Never worked particularly well if I remember rightly 

Biffs sound projects definitely didn't have that function and neither did Howes.

I would take a bet on it being an SWD project 

• Informative/Useful 1

I don’t think that’s one of mine. Your F11 sounds like manual notching which I generally never program, choosing to do things a different way.

The function key layout doesn’t ring true with mine either. I don’t ever recall putting cab lights on F7, or putting priming on its own function key.

Bif

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, legomanbiffo said:

I don’t think that’s one of mine. Your F11 sounds like manual notching which I generally never program, choosing to do things a different way.

The function key layout doesn’t ring true with mine either. I don’t ever recall putting cab lights on F7, or putting priming on its own function key.

Bif

Yes, I quite agree. I'm going to ask to get it reblown at Model Rail Scotland this coming weekend. Hopefully Charlie is in a good mood!

Neil.

• Friendly/supportive 1