oo Toplight Full Brake Part Numbers

• RMweb Premium

Please can someone furbish me with the part/item number for an OO Dapol K22 Toplight full brake in late chocolate and cream.

Can't find them on the Kernow or Rails websites.

Thank you.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you Robin @gwrrob.  Not been on the web much recently - any Idea when I can pre-order?    Are they "tranche 2" along with the other possible options like the LH/RH versions of brakes?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Dapol are yet to announce that they are going to produce any toplight coaches, other than the Mainline & City non-gangwayed now being sold, beyond saying that they intend to produce further types at an unspecified time in the future.  We don’t even know which exact types are to be produced or if the K22 will be among them yet, and it is possible that Dap have themselves not finalised the list of what is to be produced.  There will therefore be no way of knowing when, or if, pre-orders can be taken until the coaches are announced.  

RTR companies like to finalise the arrangements before announcing the products, and will play their cards close to their chests until they are ready to do so in order to keep the competition guessing, so any pre-announcement enquiry to Dapol will probably elicit some polite form of no further information. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can't find any mention of any toplights other than the already available Mainline & City stock anywhere on Dapol's website, Ms P.  They are included on your GW Modelling website as 'not yet available', but that is in fact the only reference in print that I can locate that hints that they are planned, but do not physically exist yet,  There is certainly no mechanism anywhere for pre-ordering, but to address the OP's question, the K22 is apparently to be included in the gangwayed toplight production when it takes place as stated in your list; your information is usually reliable and I trust it.  ISTR at the time that the Mainline & Cities were announced on this site there was mention of further gangwayed toplights to come, but no suggestion of what the lead time might be, probably because the information wasn't and still isn't available and in fact may not yet exist in the form of a target date at Dapol.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Can't find any mention of any toplights other than the already available Mainline & City stock anywhere on Dapol's website, Ms P. 

Info by word of mouth from Dapol at Warley 2023:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/170120-oo-gauge-gwr-toplight-mainline-city-coaches-announced/?do=findComment&comment=5350807

Edited by Mikkel