lima buffers

good one giz. Flush glazing looks promising. ISW makes a good point with keeping certain parts of the internals to stop interior falling out.

I thought that was what glue or nuts and bolts were for! 🙂

Remember too that Mk 1 coaches are only 2 feet apart when coupled  - more or less with the gangways touching. Of course they won't go corners* with rigid gangways and require flexible ones.

* The drawing states these are 3 chains radius , but fails to mention if this is coupled or not.

Sorry off topic...

This is my first RMweb post on my new laptop. It runs Windows 11 which drove me mad  asking for paswords and other nonsense, but seems OK now. Next Ii've got to tame its habit of shutting everything down and hiding it. Surely

Everyone wants theiir previous pages and settings restored at switch-on?

Edited by Il Grifone

Yes Il Grifone. I have got the coaches coupled close to allow them to go around curves without buffers clashing into each other. To be honest, where do you stop trying to get as much realism as possible. There is a limit for me. I do not have the heart to start cutting up perfectly good models, when a small bit of customisation will do for me. My bogie and wheel upgrade, painting interior, nem pocket and buffer upgrade will do fine for me, with a bit of weathering works OK for me.

Thanks again for all inputs to the topic.

• Like 1