Holy Wars only job......

Giles

• RMweb Premium

Hope to see you on the Sunday in that case!

Glad to see this is getting a home (and somewhere to run without the precipitous drop!)

Posted (edited)

Slater's included some nice nameplates for its original name, but I wanted to build the loco as Holy War, and although etched plates are avaliable,  I wanted deeper ones. I therefore tried printing ones with this result.  I had to edit the typeface to match the original plates

20240129_175144

It is these on the loco.

Edited by Giles
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's a really beautfiul Hunslet there sir, the paint and finish is stunning! 

How is the R/C arranged in this one? I still haven't finalised what I'm doing with mine! 

Edited by Quarryscapes
  • Agree 1

Thank you!  Its a Deltang Rx41 that's actually in the ashpan. The 1800mAh battery is in the firebox/boiler, with the front 2/3rds of the boiler and smokebox containing the water tank/smoke unit

Holy War

• Like 10

23 hours ago, Giles said:

Thank you!  Its a Deltang Rx41 that's actually in the ashpan. The 1800mAh battery is in the firebox/boiler, with the front 2/3rds of the boiler and smokebox containing the water tank/smoke unit

Holy War

I've spent ages hunting for a camera battery that I could use in the bunker as I don't really want Lithium batteries inaccessible and semi permanently in the loco, but the only sizes that fit are too puny so I'm now considering a 3400mAH 18650 in the boiler, a combined charge and step up module in the bunker and the RC gear wherever it will fit. I will get there one day! 

20 hours ago, Quarryscapes said:

I've spent ages hunting for a camera battery that I could use in the bunker as I don't really want Lithium batteries inaccessible and semi permanently in the loco, but the only sizes that fit are too puny so I'm now considering a 3400mAH 18650 in the boiler, a combined charge and step up module in the bunker and the RC gear wherever it will fit. I will get there one day! 

I remotored this with a cheap N30 gearmotor, as the supplied Slaters unit was far too fast for what I wanted, and the one time I approached them about swapping it for the slower speed version, they said that it was the slow speed one without checking... The N30 is a bit more powerful, much slower, and 3v, so I can use it straight off a 1S Lipo battery which simplifies things. It is however , much noisier, but I will live with that!

Using 1S means that I'm using a smaller battery (comparatively). In theory, with motor and steam, I should get 8 hours out of it. However, I expect it to be a little less.

TPH - thank you!

• Like 2

The grass is nearly all done now having taken two weeks, having been applied pinch by pinch (for want of a better term....). It now needs nettles and whatever else I can figure out how to make!

20240322_183146

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Just an observation, if I may. Put yourself in the shoes of the people who walk around; shunting, coupling, calling on/off. Do they float around on a magic carpet, or do they leave footprints, such a 'desire lines?

Regardless of my post, it looks bl**dy good from here.

fully grassed up, but of course there will be additional stuff. Meanwhile  I've got a couple of other things I really have to get on with!

20240328_180053

• Like 8