Bachmann class 85 marker lights

Hi, I am updating a Bachmann OO gauge Class 85 from pre TOPs version to 1980’s. Not sure of best way to update headcode panels with marker lights from the letters/numbers style - does anyone make such panels for this (or indeed for other diesels/electrics) or easier to just make new ones from plastic ? Grateful for advice… thanks… 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,  

you might want to take a look at gaugemaster.com at their Heljan spare parts and search for HN-OO-CL86.0-93 which is a class 86 head code / marker lights.  If they are in stock it might take a little bit of trimming to fit but just measured it up on my class 85 and it seems to be a good fit and just what you are looking for.

stephen

• Thanks 1

On 21/03/2024 at 12:59, NS Peak said:

Hello,  

you might want to take a look at gaugemaster.com at their Heljan spare parts and search for HN-OO-CL86.0-93 which is a class 86 head code / marker lights.  If they are in stock it might take a little bit of trimming to fit but just measured it up on my class 85 and it seems to be a good fit and just what you are looking for.

stephen

I came across this post while searching for Class 47 marker lights and wondered if they might be suitable. Incant seem to find them in the GM catalogue though, have you a link I could follow at all?

Many thanks.

Steve.  

Hello Steve,  

Here is the link,  

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Hn-oo-cl86&stock=1

I think this is the the correct part it’s either this or HN-OO-cl86.110.  When I order some the invoice quoted part number 0.93 but if in doubt e-mail the spares team they are really helpful 

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/model-railways/Heljan/Heljan-spares.html

which make / version class 47?  Let me know and I will check as I have most versions and I will take a look for you.  My first thought is the class 86 marker lights are not going to be suitable not least as class 47 tend to have different marker  lights at each end.

Stephen 

• RMweb Premium
On 28/03/2024 at 18:25, sb67 said:

I came across this post while searching for Class 47 marker lights

In the Bachmann 47 thread it says Shawplan do 47 marker lights 

@NS Peak @Hal Nail thanks for your help. The shawaplan catalouge looks helpful as they fo sealed units and opaque marker lights. Do you know if there's any images anywhere, I've tried searching but to no avail.