Grand Avenue, Chicago - HO

• RMweb Premium

The remaining upper level tracks have been laid, completing the main board track laying.

53674146992_e74df96d37_b.jpg

Thought i'd try a grain hopper in the upper Blommer factory siding. The building will hide the first hopper at the end of the siding and also the end of the station which will hopefully give the impression it could go on further.

53675247143_0573215c7d_b.jpg

A view of the length of the layout. Just the upper storage tracks to lay..

My brother has suggested scenicing the second board and add a third fiddle yard board. Possibly.

53675480560_8af7e0de7f_b.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cnw6847 said:

A view of the length of the layout. Just the upper storage tracks to lay..

My brother has suggested scenicing the second board and add a third fiddle yard board. Possibly.

Looking good! I'm inclined to agree with your brother about adding a second scenic board, it's easier to do it now rather than rip it about later. But, I suggest before going any further with the scenic works on the existing boards, run some trains with what's all ready there. Make sure the layout works to your liking, incase you want to adjust siding lengths or add points ect.

If you do want to add a second board, this pic is all the inspiration you need: 

TRN_Blommer_Chocolate_2_Llanuza.jpg

-You could move the CT building back to ease the curve in their siding, and create a concrete yard area for their trucks to park up. -lots of interesting scenic work there.

-Cross the high level tracks over the low level tracks as in that pic, makes hiding the exit tracks alot easier.

-You can use some of the space to extend the fiddle yard if needed, points take up alot of space. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, simon b said:

Looking good! I'm inclined to agree with your brother about adding a second scenic board, it's easier to do it now rather than rip it about later. But, I suggest before going any further with the scenic works on the existing boards, run some trains with what's all ready there. Make sure the layout works to your liking, incase you want to adjust siding lengths or add points ect.

If you do want to add a second board, this pic is all the inspiration you need: 

TRN_Blommer_Chocolate_2_Llanuza.jpg

-You could move the CT building back to ease the curve in their siding, and create a concrete yard area for their trucks to park up. -lots of interesting scenic work there.

-Cross the high level tracks over the low level tracks as in that pic, makes hiding the exit tracks alot easier.

-You can use some of the space to extend the fiddle yard if needed, points take up alot of space. 

Thank you Simon. I agree getting what’s there wired up, test run etc is best way to go.

Space is also as issue as I have other projects on the go at home and the layout will eventually have to return there.

Thank you for the photo.

Its a great location.

• RMweb Premium

Not a very exciting update but the remaining upper fiddle yard track has been laid.

On the lower level, brass nails have been knocked in either side of the board join and the rails soldered to them.

A mini drill with cutting disc was then used to cut the rails.

Once the upper level join is done i'll move onto wiring the layout up.

53690961871_214f3b3c52_b.jpg

Edited by cnw6847
  • Like 2