RMweb

international long covid awareness day

MJI

14 hours ago, MJI said:

Only found out this afternoon.

Very little about it.

Definitely, just googled it. An American International day about as inclusive as the World series of Baseball.

As a sufferer we could do with more awareness and help. Nearly 4 years on and still trying to cope.

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, durham light infantry said:

Definitely, just googled it. An American International day about as inclusive as the World series of Baseball.

As a sufferer we could do with more awareness and help. Nearly 4 years on and still trying to cope.

I consider myself lucky, mainly digestive issues, and fatigue.

• Friendly/supportive 6

After 3 years of hospital visits and some quite distressing testing, it was discovered recently that my diaphragm doesn't work properly now.

This was discovered by a Pshycologist!

It was probably due to being not ventilated when admitted to hospital, as I was triaged to not survive. But I did. 

• Friendly/supportive 12

On 16/03/2024 at 12:25, durham light infantry said:

It was probably due to being not ventilated when admitted to hospital, as I was triaged to not survive. But I did. 

unlike your regiment, sadly.  Sometimes it's not a good idea not to follow doctor's orders 😄.   

When I had a burst appendix, there was a priest waiting at the door of l'Hôpital de La Providence to read me the last rites.  But because I was classified as a protestant, I was duly visited in hospital by a Swiss CoE vicar!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1