BR Peak Diesel repaints into BR blues.

Hi, I am intending to renumber a model of D50 to D59, does anyone know where I can find a list of dates Peaks were repainted into blue, I am particularly interested in the period 1966 to August 1968. Thanks Fred

Thanks, I know that the only Class 44 D4 was repainted in Blue with a D and only some Class 45’s and 46’s were repainted in BR Blue with full yellow ends but with a D. Also I know that some Class 45’s received blue with small yellow warning panels.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info, I found some info on the Derby Sulzers Website and it seems D59 went into Blue with full yellow ends in late 1967, so I will stick with D50 which went blue with full yellow ends in 1969. Fred

Edited by Fredo

On 24/03/2024 at 14:32, Fredo said:

Hi, I am intending to renumber a model of D50 to D59, does anyone know where I can find a list of dates Peaks were repainted into blue, I am particularly interested in the period 1966 to August 1968. Thanks Fred

D50 was in 'Toton blue' with SYP and no BR totem nor double arrows, at 5th. March, 1967 and was still in this livery at 8th. March, 1969..

It later went into 'standard blue' by 1971.

D57 was in the same 'Toton blue' with SYP and neither totem nor arrows during 1968

D58 was in the same 'Toton blue' with SYP and neither totem nor arrows at 4th. September, 1967

Have you tried the BR Transition Liveries thread on RMWeb ?

57-Cheltenham Spa-1968-ebay.jpg

Edited by br2975
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 25/03/2024 at 08:35, Fredo said:

Thanks for the info, I found some info on the Derby Sulzers Website and it seems D59 went into Blue with full yellow ends in late 1967, so I will stick with D50 which went blue with full yellow ends in 1969. Fred

It's not actually clear from your opening post what you are after 

Are you wanting one that was still green in your timeframe?

2 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Is that a red buffer beam, albeit filthy?

Yes, these 'Toton Blue' repaints retained red bufferbeam - AIUI the running gear remained untouched on these locos so you had the rather odd combination of shiny blue bodywork on grotty underframes!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1