Help with ESU Loksound V4 8 pin decoder class 31

farren

• RMweb Gold

I have a R3674 class 31 D5579 in golden Ochre runs fine sound great however the  lights in one direction are not working. In reverse it has the red tail lights and white side lights working fine but when travelling forward (end with the fan) neither front or rear lights work. I have put a 8 pin blanking plate in and all lights work as they should. 

Is it possible there’s a CV that needs adjusting (and which one please) or is it more likely to be a  fault? On the decoder now? Definitely out of warranty if so. Any help much appreciate. 

Does your model have the poor 3 Contacts on the chassis, connecting too the 3 bronze plungers in the cab light unit.

As these are probable dirty or not toughing properly.

I could not got a demo one working the other month, so i hard wired them.

Charlie

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Just reopened my model again just incase I was going daft, No contacts. Has two little plugs. No plungers. 

IMG_2585.jpeg

Edited by farren

• RMweb Gold

Identical only thing I’ve done to the model was to remove the fan to allow space for the speaker. The lights work if I put the 8 pin blanking plug in even if the model is still opened up like in the image. 

IMG_2586.jpeg

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, smokebox said:

Looks as if the decoder is plugged in the wrong way round.  The orange wire should go to pin1 not 8

The orange is on 1 that’s the red on 8

You can download the Lokprogrammer software at ESU. You do not need a Lokprogrammer to do this. 

After the download and installation, search the ESU library for the file that is loaded to your decoder and download it and open it. There you can see what the programming is and make any changes needed to get your lights working in forward mode.

Under the 'Tools' tab, select 'See CVs Changed', you can see a summary of CV changes that were made and use that list to make the CV changes with your controller.

This is all a lot easier with a Lokprogrammer, and I've done it myself before buying one, but it is possible without one.

Edited by MichaelE
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MichaelE said:

You can download the Lokprogrammer software at ESU. You do not need a Lokprogrammer to do this. 

After the download and installation, search the ESU library for the file that is loaded to your decoder and download it and open it. There you can see what the programming is and make any changes needed to get your lights working in forward mode.

Under the 'Tools' tab, select 'See CVs Changed', you can see a summary of CV changes that were made and use that list to make the CV changes with your controller.

This is all a lot easier with a Lokprogrammer, and I've done it myself before buying one, but it is possible without one.

I’ll give that a go and see how I get on. Thank you for the suggestion