Manhunt: Intent to steal episode - Talking Pictures TV Sunday 31March 9pm

Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold

TPTV (Sky 328) have been running the Manhunt series from 1970ish.  This Sunday's episode is about an air raid on a factory and I think this is the one with associated rail depot alongside.

The writers orginally wanted to do an entire episode with no dialagoue but in the end it has just 12 lines of dialgoue to set the scene, and the rest is 'all action' as our heroes infiltrate the factory and steal the goodies.

AFAIK this episode has only been aired once since original transmission (40th anniversary of this particular episode).

There's nothing online about locations for any of the episodes but am pretty certain they didn't go outside SE England for filming.  My recollection is that the depot looked like it was on the Southern but I never could identify it before.

If anyone's watching or recording and can have a stab at the actual location I be grateful.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks.

I've set my recorder for it, it's on at 21:00 on 31/03 if anyone else wants to record it.

Have vague memories of watching manhunt back in the good old days.

At a slight tangent - I can recommend "Manhunt" on ItvX at the moment - this is a 3 episode dramatization of the events leading to the capture of Levi Bellfield responsible for a series of murders in SW London during the late 90's / early 00's including that of Milly Dowler - it is actor Martin Clunes at his very best and thoroughly watchable.

• Like 1

Google brought me here as I was very intrigued by the camouflaged chimneys which looked absolutely authentic, as did the rest of the location in the episode. I was then led to an excellent site featuring TV Times back issues which covered all the Manhunt episodes including this one, turns out the location is Stonebridge Park power station in Wembley, what an amazing place!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I saw this episode. At the entrance to the buildings I could see various wagons plus a Tartan Arrow CCT. Inside there were rows of three hole wagon wheels and brake cylinders plus a 16 ton mineral wagon. I didn't know there was a wagon works at Stonebridge. There were also scenes with raised concrete railway fly overs or flying junctions which had strange undulating concrete underneath them. if they were  also at Stonebridge could they be inclines leading to coal drops?

Dave

Edited by drgj
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 01/04/2024 at 20:12, beast66606 said:

I could make out an LNWR signal box in the top left of the shots looking into the "depot" and with OldFilmFans tip above I've found this photo BritainFromAbove photo

https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/EPW041904

Thanks that's really useful.  In the episode, fighting takes place where something has been recently demolished, and there were lots of stubby concrete supports in the ground and I couldn't make out what would have been on them.  Looks like they were the remains of supports for those 8 'funnels' in the pic