iPad images and menus

Over the past week or so it has become almost impossible to view RMweb on my old iPad.  The hamburger menu no longer works at all. And photos aren’t being displayed.  What is the  minimum iOS required to view RMWeb?

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 30/03/2024 at 18:12, Penrhos1920 said:

Over the past week or so it has become almost impossible to view RMweb on my old iPad.  The hamburger menu no longer works at all. And photos aren’t being displayed.  What is the  minimum iOS required to view RMWeb?

I'm experiencing this same problem on both of my tablets, one is an old Samsung Tab 2 whilst the other is an iPad of unknown age.

I can access all of my normal threads as usual but images aren't being displayed and at the bottom of each post I can only either 'bookmark' or 'report' with no options for quoting available. The reaction button automatically gives me a 'like' without showing me any other options and the 'reply' section is now a single line, unusable box ??

Everything else looks the same. The problems seems to have started around the same time as we lost the top headline banner in red stating that the Classified Ads section was temporarily out of use, so I wonder if it's a problem with the revamped version ?

Luckily I still have full use on my iPhone but this is really not my favourite way of using the site as whilst I find it easier to add photos via the phone I haven't worked out how to use and add 'links' when posting.

Do you know if Andy is aware of these issues please ?

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
Correction

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, 03060 said:

I wonder if it's a problem with the revamped version ?

It won't be.

As this looks like an issue only affecting a small number of people it may relate to a browser update. I'd suggest clearing any RMweb cookies and history from the browser and login afresh to recreate cookies.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It won't be.

As this looks like an issue only affecting a small number of people it may relate to a browser update. I'd suggest clearing any RMweb cookies and history from the browser and login afresh to recreate cookies.

Thanks Andy, I'll give that a go. Just seemed strange that it was on both of my tablets, of which one (the iPad) I barely ,if ever, use.

Regards,

Ian.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It won't be.

Still the same for me, I'm afraid. As suggested it could be an issue with my browser (Chrome) which I have known for a while won't update with newer versions as it no longer recognises my tablet system.

I'll get my 'techy' son to have a look later ... but it may just be time for a new tablet !!

Of note I'd also lost a few features from my phone version when I first went on this morning (couldn't react to posts) until I signed out and back in again... seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your help Andy.

Regards,

Ian.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

With my IPad in the last week or two I now keep getting Google adds appearing at the headers and footers of a page when I look at different pages. Refresh the page and they go, change page and they are back. This doesn’t happen with either my iPhone or laptop so I wonder if somehow it’s related to the latest iPad updates. 

Bob

This might be something to do with the Safari browser, it does peculiar things sometimes. I have a new iPad and RMweb is Ok but I cannot get the current news on Tower Models website. Using Duck Duck go the Tower site is fine.

• Like 1