Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

1949 oo gauge Graham farish black 5. Where to find?

trainman0

• 2 weeks later...

eBay is your best bet, one seller has a few for £45 a pop in “spares” condition. Unsure if he’s a good seller (though I’ve bought a GraFar 8100 from him, so I’ll soon find out how his customer service is) but he uses AI descriptions for his listings… Link below if you’re curious.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?sid=atmodels18&_pgn=1&isRefine=true&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l49496

If yours doesn’t run for one reason or another, attached is a photograph of a GraFar 2 pole motor service sheet. Goes through the basics of ensuring the commutators are working correctly and transmitting power, they’re a lot more reliable than a people make them out to be, with some decent inertia to help them get over dead zones like insul frogs on points.

IMG_9586.png.4a4d3f61c52e1b4c9a1a27fb7a7b7fb0.png

Best of luck with your search.

10 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Thee and me are on different planets.

A fiver for such a pile of junk would be far too much.

Seeing what they want for an MN makes me want to lie down.

I would love to find out who is buying this stuff. The concept of folk actually wanting the things is beyond my poor we brain.😀

Bernard

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, trainman0 said:

I'm in us

The chance of buying one from within the US, would probably be ZERO.