4mm chalk marks decals/transfers supplier ?

Are there any suppliers of 4mm chalk marks decals/transfers, both standard (destinations, comments, etc...), and also able to provide "one-offs".

The one-off I am particularly interested in is the name "James" I saw scrawled in large white chalk letters on the very dirty tender of a Norwood Junction C, or 700, 0-6-0 in the mid-60's.  (And, yes, I know that "James" was a 2=6-0, and red.)

TIA

Edited by phil gollin

• phil gollin changed the title to 4mm chalk marks decals/transfers supplier ?
  • RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

Are there any suppliers of 4mm chalk marks decals/transfers, both standard (destinations, comments, etc...), and also able to provide "one-offs".

The one-off I am particularly interested in is the name "James" I saw scrawled in large white chalk letters on the very dirty tender of a Norwood Junction C, or 700, 0-6-0 in the mid-60's.  (And, yes, I know that "James" was a 2=6-0, and red.)

TIA

See Cambridge Custom Transfers Sheet BL99 - can't supply one-offs, though, I'm afraid.

John Isherwood.

• Thanks 1

As Vivian says, do it for yourself. In my youth I used a fine nib and white ink - probably Pelican. More recently I bought a fine white gel pen from Smiths (for a quite different use) and have found that very easy to use. Doing it yourself does permit copying from photos as individuals had their own style. One I successfully copied soon after photographing it was this stylish Ascot on https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/stainescentral/e3072df97

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/04/2024 at 09:35, cravensdmufan said:

I just use a sharpened white artists pencil - easy to rub off and change, just like the real thing!

Likewise, except that I use a pale grey, as white looks too stark to me, especially if it's supposed to look as though it had been written weeks previously.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2