Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapols n gauge 14xx

Ah yes, this old loco is having some running issues, mainly the fact it's wheel slipping when trying to move itself . . .

Backward is decent but in forward we got no grip to the track, does anyone know a fix or any other n gauge 0-4-0 chassis with similar wheel spacing or even a kit for a replacement chassis, let me clarify this is n gauge, not 00. Would like to finish as it it part of my n gauge titfield thunderbolt train and is due to be at an exibition as a cameo on my n gauge layout. 

Thanks ;D

• RMweb Premium

The only replacement chassis I am aware of is for 2mm. I wonder if the pony truck is lifting the wheel in one direction. Your other option would be to purchase another Dapol 14xx. None of the ones that I have suffer in the way that you describe. 

17 hours ago, Kris said:

The only replacement chassis I am aware of is for 2mm. I wonder if the pony truck is lifting the wheel in one direction. Your other option would be to purchase another Dapol 14xx. None of the ones that I have suffer in the way that you describe. 

I dunno, the pony has no spring so can't go no lower and front wheels touch track...  I was curious if the kato 0-4-0 would fit but not sure.. I just want a decent running 1401 for my small titfield train

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Tinsley no.3 said:

I dunno, the pony has no spring so can't go no lower and front wheels touch track...  I was curious if the kato 0-4-0 would fit but not sure.. I just want a decent running 1401 for my small titfield train

There should be a spring above the pony wheels - I seem to recall it can be too strong and lift the rear set of driving wheels off the rail a fraction. I'm guessing if there's no spring there then in forwards the front wheels will be lifting slightly.

On 04/05/2024 at 17:56, 5944 said:

There should be a spring above the pony wheels - I seem to recall it can be too strong and lift the rear set of driving wheels off the rail a fraction. I'm guessing if there's no spring there then in forwards the front wheels will be lifting slightly.

It's stranger... the middle ones are =/

8 hours ago, cypherman said:

Is it possible to add more weight over the driving wheels. Or is there no room in such a small model.

No there isn't, I have tried to find room but only space is in cab where there is no driving wheels.  =/

I  think  the  old  Dapol  M7  chassis was  based  on  this,  might  be  possible  to  use / cannibalise  for  parts  one  of  these  to  repair  or  modify  yours.

Pete

1 hour ago, IWCR said:

I  think  the  old  Dapol  M7  chassis was  based  on  this,  might  be  possible  to  use / cannibalise  for  parts  one  of  these  to  repair  or  modify  yours.

Pete

Huh, may be worth a look =/