Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Glen Gillie, Loch Inch & Bridge of Muir

trains12

Hi Peter

Great work you are carring out again... Looks great mate, keep it up my good friend.

I wish I had the room to make a start and looking at your makes me want to do that, I'll have to come over at some point and have a good look at your fine works, and collect the rest of my track, points and all the other bits 'n' bobs I have bought from you...

Keep it up mate, it slowly coming all together....

Do you have a show planned to show this layout at yet....?

Look after your self and Wendy to

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Great work you are carring out again... Looks great mate, keep it up my good friend.

I wish I had the room to make a start and looking at your makes me want to do that, I'll have to come over at some point and have a good look at your fine works, and collect the rest of my track, points and all the other bits 'n' bobs I have bought from you...

Keep it up mate, it slowly coming all together....

Do you have a show planned to show this layout at yet....?

Look after your self and Wendy to

Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie

Yes, we are at Blackburn show on 3rd & 4th September together with Porth Eithin, Busy weekend.

Regards to you both

Peter

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter

Are there any advancement on this layout and any lastest photos to upload for us all to see. Have you managed to put all the point motors in on this layout yet, look forward to your Photos matey.

Hope you are well...

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi all

Been a bit busy last few weeks as you will see from the attached shots.

Nearly all the flocking of the main scenery has now been completed just a few small areas alng edge of walling needs to be done. With the exception of the signal box which has still to be done together with the row of shops all the other buildings are now in various stages of pailting and adding the finer details to them. |Many of the point motors have now been fitted but have found a problem today in that the Gaugemaster T3 transformer has gone Kaput. This is the 3rd unit to go since last September even though they are all protected with rcd's on the input side and Gaugemaster thermal cut outs on the output side.

Attached are some shots of the distillery end of the layout which we had outside today in the sunshine. Will post some more in the next few days.

Cheers

Peter

post-6915-0-71553600-1310329886_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-85963000-1310329893_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-76189000-1310329899_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-93519700-1310329905_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-43554100-1310329912_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-51033300-1310329918_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-19350100-1310329923_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-97653100-1310329928_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-99295600-1310329935_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-78973100-1310329940_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

it has been a little while since I put anything on the thread but I have been in rather lot of pain this last week due to the extraction of a impacted wisdom tooth which also had a nice abcess under it so I have not felt like doing very much.

Anyway back to the layout all the electrics have been completed and now it is all working. had a few little niddles after fitting all the micro switches to the points but found out in two cases that I had forgot to put in the feeds, It does help if there is power to the lines!.

As can be seen from the following shots much work has been completed on the scenics. Still to be completed is the signal box which to- date has had two attempts at it but have failed to capture just what I want hope this next one wiil fit the picture.

it should now all be completed ( is a layout every completed?) in the next two weeks ready for the show of Blackburn MRC.

The last shot shows the age old ceremony of the passing out of a cooper where poor Andrew is put into the barrel he has made fot the traditional initiation on completing his apprenticeship.

post-6915-0-57833300-1311594333_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-40330300-1311594341_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-57048700-1311594348_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-33632500-1311594363_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-16754200-1311594370_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-92388100-1311594373_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-02728400-1311594378_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-98661000-1311594540_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Peter

Man... It's looking really alive now mate. Love It, Cant wait to come over and see it next time i'm that way.

Keep up the great excellent workmanship.

Keep smilling may friend.

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Man... It's looking really alive now mate. Love It, Cant wait to come over and see it next time i'm that way.

Keep up the great excellent workmanship.

Keep smilling may friend.

Jamie

Hi Jamie

If you have any spare time could you do me a plan like you did for Porth Eithin and the others can send you a copy of the layout plan if you can.

Peter

• Like 1

Looking good Peter - keep it coming :-)

Hope your jaw is back to normal,

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave.

If Andy will for give me for saying, My Jaw B.........y Well Hurts. The pain is worst than the pain form the dam tooth was. 55mins to get the thing out. Any way many thanks for your words.

regards

Peter

PS come on put some more on Danemouth.

• Like 1

Hi All

Just a update to say that the frist two boards have now been taken down to the unit with the next two to follow when the rain stops. Down there we will be able to put the final touches to the layout and connect the fiddle yard up hopping that it will fit and complet the selector plates.

Signal box is under way now and should be completed by the week end. With the layout down at the unit I will also be able to see where I have missed bits on painting etc and will also be able to take some better shots in the direct light.

Will keep you all informed.

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So have you decided on the operational details yet - era, traffic, operating sequences etc - I'd love to know more having followed this layout since it was just an idea.

• Like 1

[quote name='45156' timestamp='1312298420' post='455687']

So have you decided on the operational details yet - era, traffic, operating sequences etc - I'd love to know more having followed this layout since it was just an idea.

Hi 45156

At the Blackburn MRC show in September which will be its first show we will be running it in the steam / green diesel era, we have not yet got all the stock altered for running it in the privatisation era. Alas the blue era is looking very slim at present because I have only one Class 37 (And that is a Scottish one) in my collection of stock and no blue/grey coaches at all.

The main stay of the line is the Whisky trade, both malt coming into the Distillery and the finished product going out. The other main traffic and also the reason that the line is still open is the MOD traffic up the branch to the naval base on the loch side. This traffic consists of general goods oil, spares, stores, and also the flask trains for the subs. Also from the branch and local is the timber traffic.

The Station handles both the passenger traffic general goods and livestock.

All this should give us plenty of scope and train movements.

If you can make it to the show introduce yourself and have a go on the layout.

Cheers

Peter.

• Like 1

Hi All

Here are a few shots of some of the detailing work that is now being done on the layout.

The first shot is of the gates that will be fitted in the open position to the main Distillery building. These have been made from Ratio Spear fencing. the spear points are cut off the top of one section together with the bottom of another section and the two glued togerther. The hinges are from a Ratio cattle dock / concrete fencing kits and are from the gates in that kit. The gates will be painted black and as shown the spears painted gold.

The second shot is of the water cranes that I have made for the station platforms. These are based on the one that was at Ballachulish station on the old branch line from Connel Ferry. Altogether there are three of them. They are made from Plastruct sections with the top part made from a valve in the Knightwings fittings cut down. One is shown complete and ready for painting.

Will keep up with some other of the fine details.

Cheers

Peter

post-6915-0-23043900-1312491703_thumb.jpg

post-6915-0-08948000-1312491722_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Peter

It's all looking great matey... coming along nicely, Do you have any Photos taken directly above the Layout, kind of like a Google Map... Haha, Then I can work on the Layout Plan for you. What is the actual size of the layout and will that include the Fiddle Yard.

Keep upthe excellent work...

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the invite - I might well take you up on the chance to play trains, and have a go at wrecking your stock.

I'll have to check out the work commitments and where the show is, as I might have to travel by train on the day, in case 30747 (ie Mrs 45156) needs the car.

Regards

Stewart

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just checked and regrettably, the Blackburn show coincides with a trip that 30747 bought me on the Lune Habitat steam special to Shrewsbury, and I'm probably tied up on the Sunday. I'll keep an eye open on the circuit, as having followed the thread from day one, I'd really like to see it in reality.

Stewart

• Like 1