Glen Gillie, Loch Inch & Bridge of Muir

trains12

Hi Jamie,

I like the one of Peter laying down on the job, how does he stop the paint pots rolling off the table?

BTW I was looking through your photo's of the Signal Box and Tornado earlier in this thread and thought you might like the one the signalman took.

post-11105-0-99585300-1338053256.jpg

Ray.

Edited by tender
  • Like 2

Hi all

Well here are a few shoots of the shop fronts that I have been making. I still have to do a few minor bits, like the Hotel sign and the chimneys. Regarding the Hotel still not certain what to call it. The Haggis Arms. The Stag. Gillie arms, this list is endless. Any suggestions?

Peter

post-6915-0-39575400-1338403894.jpg

post-6915-0-08472800-1338403904.jpg

post-6915-0-33185700-1338403909.jpg

post-6915-0-04888800-1338403914.jpg

post-6915-0-17015400-1338403919.jpg

post-6915-0-52946000-1338403926.jpg

post-6915-0-77148600-1338403933.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Peter

The Photo's look excellent, all looks really good, My PC is down at the moment so using my daughter... She said I have 5 Minutes on it,.. Tut tut... Kids in control now, i'm sure she will only have power for a short time...lol

Good work on the shops

Have you thought of a Name for the pub/Hotel...?

Jamie

Hi all

Many of know that I built Kinmundy for Martin Jones (Martin Wales) completing it late last year and on it there was a small Distillery /Brewery at one end of the layout. At the time of the building of this I was also making notes and starting work on a new layout for myself based on a West of Scotland line. What I did next was a bit about face in that I started building the Distillery building that was going to be the centre of the layout traffic. It was going to be a small building but in the end it just grew. It now is about 18in. square now. At present the actual track plan has not been completed but I do know what I want from it. The history behind the line is that there were two single track lines, one coming in from a main line further down the track into a station junction with the other single line being a branch from a small Lock where during the last war a Naval station was formed for submarines. This over the years has expanded and the railway is used to sever the branch, mainly naval stores. At the junction station the two lines formed a double track line to another main line junction further on but over the Beaching era this was cut back to the junction station. This now remains open to serve the Distillery and the branch to the naval station.

At this point in time I still don’t know if the station buildings are to be either side of the two lines or to beon an island platform. (I have a model that is based on the Kyle of Lochalsh station and may use this) I will over the next few days try and finalise the track plan. In the mean time some shots ( by Jamie) of the building to date.

post-6915-127966296735.jpg

Shot of the model on Kinmundy

post-6915-127966298613.jpg

A futher shot of the distillery on Kinmundy

Peter

Hi All... Interestingly... Regarding the 'June 2012, of the Railway Modeller'

'Kinmundy' is in the current Issue of 'June 2012 Railway Modeller' and is a six page artical, is an excellent layout and writeup by Martin Jones who owns it, it's just a great shame he mentions several guys throughout his writeup but fails to mention the main person who built the boards from scratch, laid the track, weathered the track, done all the wiring underneath, done all the scenic work and scenes and flocking on the layout, apart from the 'Station Building' which Neil Rushby had built other than that I have lots of photos of it being built throughout it's contruction life.

It's upsetting in the artical under 'THANKS' that Martin Jones as failed to give ANY mention whatsoever of PETER MIDWINTER or even just given an acknowledgment for all his hard work and many hours in the making of 'Kinmundy'...

'Standanding on the Shoulders of Jiants' is all Very Good if those holding 'them up' and in this case is Peter Midwinter, are given that THANKS for it, it's not asking a lot considering praise will always be given to Martin Jones in the future of the Layout and hopefully many other shows in the future and any other future Layouts Martin Jones as lined up to be built in the near future...

Well done Peter for all your Hard Work...

As you can see this was an Early Start in the making of what we now see as 'Glen Gillie' as you can see from the building work, it is very similar...

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 4

Hi Peter

Do you have any latest photos of the shops on Glen Gillie ackually on the layout...

also...

What is the name of the Dowels being used on the extension part of the Layout...

Looking forward to the show next week and being out on the road with Glen Gillie...

Who knows how many photos I will take... haha.. wait and see....

Jamie

It's upsetting in the artical under 'THANKS' that Martin Jones as failed to give ANY mention whatsoever of PETER MIDWINTER or even just given an acknowledgment for all his hard work and many hours in the making of 'Kinmundy'...

Jamie

Well said Jamie. Peter built the boards for Danemouth and delivered them from North Wales. The quality of Peter's work is second to none, in the past eighteen months the boards have remained exactly as he set them up with no issues whatsever. Thats more than can be said for my modelling :yes:

Dave

• Like 2

Well said Jamie. Peter built the boards for Danemouth and delivered them from North Wales. The quality of Peter's work is second to none, in the past eighteen months the boards have remained exactly as he set them up with no issues whatsever. Thats more than can be said for my modelling :yes:

Dave

Hi Dave

I have no Modelling expert nor claim to be, and Peter will be making my layout over time and hopefully to take out on shows, we have already made the boards, just legs to put on them, I say we, I just glued and held the wood as it came off the end of the saw bench, Peter done all the working out the sizes and cutting and he told me what to do I just copied what he showed me to do...

When I do have my layout and I add it to the RMWeb, to me, Peter will always have the praise for his hard work and will be thankful for Peters efforts in all the work he will end up doing for me.

I would love to get to the point where I can have my own artical in a railway mag, but will never steel the thunder of someone elses many hours of hard work, Peter well knows my modelling work and how much lower they are to his... by miles I would say... i'm sure Peter will back me up in that...

I do love taking Photos and I know I must really annoy Peter at times when he is modelling and I go and stick my camera between him and his model to take photos... I hear the tut tut from him, but eh, this are the photos I end up putting on the RMWeb...

Thanks Dave for acknowledging Peters work, at least someone is thankful for his efforts and I agree with you to...

Jamie

Hi Peter

Are we all set for the Show at Bakewell... All have been tested ready for the show now... Cant wait and I have managed to recharge all my batteries ready for the 4000+ photos in just 2 days...

When I get my PC back from being repaired I will upload the photos of the show...

Jamie

Hi All

Yes nearly ready for the coming show at Bakewell. Just tyding up the last items of stock.

One item that I have been doing is the fitting of some corridor /gangway connections that I have found from a company called Fair Price Models. There web site is WWW.fairpricemodels.co.uk..These are made from stiff black paper folded into a concertina and stuck onto the gangway connections of the coach by means of double sided tape. They realy do make a difference in appearance to both coaches and DMU's. Depending upon wheather you are using a close coupling or the standard type coupling you need to fit one to one end of the coach only or fitt one to both ends. The only one thing that I have found is that the on the rubber type connections of Bachmann stock the tape tends to fall off after a little while, but this is easly overcome by means of a small dab of superglue around the rubber conection.

These are a very simiple and cheap means to enhance the appearance of your stock and I can highly recomend them.

Below ar some shots taken of some coaches and DMU before and after the fitting of these items.

Cheers

Peter

post-6915-0-67512000-1338898875.jpg

post-6915-0-71347400-1338898881.jpg

post-6915-0-68565200-1338898888.jpg

post-6915-0-90442700-1338898894.jpg

post-6915-0-55643600-1338898901.jpg

post-6915-0-87328000-1338898909.jpg

post-6915-0-70465800-1338898869.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Peter

They look really good, closes that gap that you get, perfect for looks great on all coach stock...

Thanks for the upload of photos...

Are we all ready for the show now... Any last minute testing before we disconnect everything into the trailers...

Jamie

Hi Peter. :)

I'm also really looking forward to seeing Glen Gillie in the flesh at Bakewell on Saturday.

Being a newbie to the hobby, and just starting my first layout, this is modelling inspiration mate !!

I'll say hi when I see you.

Cheers !!

Simon.

Hi Simon

Make sure you introduce yourself SIMON to Peter and my (Jamie) nice to put a face to the name and anyone else who as Posted on here or any of Peter's Layouts...

Jamie

Hi All

Been up Peters today, watched him finish the signs for the Pub/Hotel and looks really good...

Then Peter was going through aqll his stock to take and making sure all hooks and connection bars were all in working order, all Steam and BR Green Era, looking forward to it now its close to the date...

Jamie

Cheers Simon

Look forward to it dude...

Bring a Loco for us to run down the line and your camera... Im sure Peter wont mind... if there is a quiet period...

Jamie

• Like 1

Cheers Simon

Look forward to it dude...

Bring a Loco for us to run down the line and your camera... Im sure Peter wont mind... if there is a quiet period...

Jamie

Ha Ha Ha !!! ....... that'll please the missus ....... If I'm playing trains while she's itching to get off and feed the ducks on the river !! :mosking:

Hi Simon

Well to get round that... just ask Peter to glue some ducks down on the River edge and their your unckle Bob... (as my Brothers youngest Girl used to say...) or Bob's your Unckle... we did laugh and hold it to her till this day.... Kids at their Best...

See you on Saturday or Sunday mate...

Jamie

Hi All

Well all is ready to load the trailer up in the morning before setting out to the Bakewell show. If any of you out there are going to it then please stop by the layouts and say hello.

See you all.

Peter

• Like 2

HI All

Like Peter, if you happen to be going to the Bakewell Model Show, then stop by and say Hello...

I'll try and keep the Photos to less than 1000... my rough guess though... will be though around 1500-2200...

But will not upload them until I get my Other PC Back as I bust it setting up my A3 Scanner & Printer... I accidently unplugged it while it was booting up... not the best of moves to do on a PC when its booting up... good job I Back my files up on a daily bases if I make any modifications to Photos....etc

Warm regards

Jamie