Australian Narrow Gauge on Childrens TV

Jack

This is now bugging me ... it all started as one of those 'after too much beer' conversations.

Does anyone remember the name of the Childrens TV drama about some kids trying to save a narrow gauge railway in Australia ... we couldn't think of the name and haven't been able to find anything on google ... can anyone put us out of our misery??? It was aired in either the late 1980's or early 90's, then repeated a few years later.

• 5 weeks later...

Right on a few points there I can remember watching "Come Monday morning" as a kid. I was also thinking about the story line as my 7 Y. O. would like the story. Wombat the locomotive was one of the "Na"s that are on the line.

It is infact Puffing Billy the preserved narrow guage line in the Dandenongs, here in Victoria. The line is now longer than when it was filmed as it now runs from Belgrave to Gembrook.

I even took Horsetan on the line back in 2002.

Every so often the family and I head up there for the day out. Though the trip from Belgrave to Gembrook takes a while and in winter it can be a cold trip!

As a total aside I think it was produced by the ABC and ran on Mondays at about 4.30 til 5.00 which was followed by the "Goodies" at about 5.30 or 6.00PM.

Right on a few points there I can remember watching "Come Monday morning" as a kid. I was also thinking about the story line as my 7 Y. O. would like the story. Wombat the locomotive was one of the "Na"s that are on the line.

It is infact Puffing Billy the preserved narrow guage line in the Dandenongs, here in Victoria. The line is now longer than when it was filmed as it now runs from Belgrave to Gembrook.

I even took Horsetan on the line back in 2002.....

I get the hint. I'll post up the photos that I took back then......tongue.gif

Archived