The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Got a rather good cheap screwdriver kit from Screwfix

Coombe Barton

However why is it that when I'm using it I have the knack of opening it upside down and all the ****ing attachments fall out.

This time I was trying to get the trailer lights working - so it was on the drive.

Just as the rain was starting!

Every little job is now taking more then twice as long because of my own ineptitude. Trouble is all I get from the family is laughing!

Must be the same as the one I've got! A grey plastic box with no clear indication of top and bottom. It then takes ages to put all the bits back.

Sometime, I must get around to labelling the underside, "Do not open!"

Must be the same as the one I've got! A grey plastic box with no clear indication of top and bottom. It then takes ages to put all the bits back.

Sometime, I must get around to labelling the underside, "Do not open!"

Mines a red and black bottomed TRANSPARENT TOP box so I really do not have an excuse. I've even loaded the bits back in then straightaway turned it all upside down to get the crud out of the lid.

And they trust me with soldering irons and other tools of mass destructions.

• RMweb Gold

Sister in Law stood on my screwdriver kit box yesterday. I think the lid closes somewhat better now it is cracked! I buy these sets to keep in the house so I don't have to go out to the shed or garage. When my wife finds them she puts them in the shed or garage to be "helpful".

Tony

Archived