The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point

grid56104

Hello Max,The layout looks really nice - excellent photos. I do like the shot of the class 60 in the headshunt.Best wishes,Chris.

Chris - many thanks for yours (and everyone elses) comments re the layout. Its now ready and awaiting the van tomorrow morning for its trip to Railex NE this weekend. Looking forward to this and hopefully meeting up with some new faces over the weekend. Max

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Those of you who follow this topic and enjoy Max's layout should come to Model Rail Scotland this weekend where you will see a much extended version on show. Max is kindly exhibiting this latest version of his layout on behalf of our club Glasgow & West of Scotland MRC. The stand number is C16 and it is towards the back wall of the hall.

Archie

• RMweb Gold

Here is a photo I took at the show today of a cameo scene on Max's layout. It is not one I have ever seen on another layout at a show - level crossing gates being replaced by modern day half barriers. Great job Max.

post-14517-0-83032900-1424556517.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Here's a photo I took of Max in the middle of his layout today before Model Rail Scotland 2015 opened to the public. He was in early doing some scenic work and none of the other club members had arrived before us early birds. You can get an idea of the large size of the whole extended version of the layout from this shot.

post-14517-0-70630400-1424556778.jpg

• Like 6

some close up shots of primarily the extension boards at Model Rail Scotland 2015. If they are in the correct order when uploaded they will show the following:

177 resize - a class 20 has just loaded at the tower and is proceeding down the branch with meas for falkland yard, ayr

164 resize - a class 20 awaits the signal to proceed further down the branch towards the mainline with meas for falkland yard, ayr

176 resize - a class 56 waits at the signal to come off the original colliery line with a train for falkland yard, ayr while another train is proceeding in the same direction from the loading tower

175 resize -  a class 37 crosses the viaduct over the girvan water with loaded wagons from the loading tower to falkland yard, ayr

179 resize - a class 37 runs over the viaduct over the girvan water with loaded wagons from the loading tower to falkland yard, ayr

178 resize - 60066 passes the gated crossing with coal empties from falkland yard, ayr bound for the loading tower

171 resize - a class 37 awaits the signal to proceed off the branch and onto the main line towards falkland yard, ayr with a loaded train from the loading tower 

161 resize - a class 60 waits for the road up the branch to the loading tower off the main line while a class 56 winds it way from the branch over the level crossing with loaded wagons from the loading tower to falkland yard, ayr

170 resize - a class 60 moves towards the level crossing (old gates being replaced with new barriers) and heads for the branch to the loading tower with empties from falkland yard, ayr

Max

post-9544-0-43144900-1424988091.jpg

post-9544-0-90667700-1424988104.jpg

post-9544-0-37734000-1424988161.jpg

post-9544-0-01041000-1424988190.jpg

post-9544-0-61905400-1424988201.jpg

post-9544-0-00071300-1424988216.jpg

post-9544-0-97947800-1424988261.jpg

post-9544-0-17679300-1424988305.jpg

post-9544-0-10226400-1424988328.jpg

• Like 6

• 9 months later...

Finally got round to picking up a copy of the magazine the layout looks great I'm gutted I couldn't make it to the show

David

David - some advance information. The extended version of the layout (as at Model Rail Scotland this year) will be at the Middlesbrough Model Railway Exhibition on 21st and 22nd May next year. Hope you can make it along. Max

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

if you live, or are in the area this weekend, 21st/22nd May, The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point, will be exhibited at the Middlesbrough Model Railway Show at the Settlement Community Centre, Union Street, Middlesbrough. The show is open on Saturday from 10am to 5pm and on Sunday from 10am to 4pm. if you manage along please say hello. Max

if you live, or are in the area this weekend, 21st/22nd May, The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point, will be exhibited at the Middlesbrough Model Railway Show at the Settlement Community Centre, Union Street, Middlesbrough. The show is open on Saturday from 10am to 5pm and on Sunday from 10am to 4pm. if you manage along please say hello. Max

Everything ready and just waiting on van at 0930 to start loading up and head off to show. Max

• 3 months later...

I am pleased to say that the Maxwell Colliery Loading Point will be at 'The Great Electric Train Show at Gaydon on the weekend of 8 and 9 October. At present I have 7 operators but need 8 (to allow 2 to have a break at any one time) as someone has had to pull out. Given that, and if you would be interested in helping to operate the layout (there is hotel accommodation available on the Friday and Saturday evenings) then please send me a PM and we can see what we can organise. Don't worry about the controllers (ztc) as I can send you on the operating instructions prior to the show. Thanks - Max Fowler

I am pleased to say that the Maxwell Colliery Loading Point will be at 'The Great Electric Train Show at Gaydon on the weekend of 8 and 9 October. At present I have 7 operators but need 8 (to allow 2 to have a break at any one time) as someone has had to pull out. Given that, and if you would be interested in helping to operate the layout (there is hotel accommodation available on the Friday and Saturday evenings) then please send me a PM and we can see what we can organise. Don't worry about the controllers (ztc) as I can send you on the operating instructions prior to the show. Thanks - Max Fowler

forgot to say that the exhibition is at the Motor Museum at Gaydon. Max

• 3 weeks later...

4 weeks to 'The Great Electric Train Show' at Gaydon. Still checking boards and fixing some damaged scenery etc. Everything should be ready. Operating team now finalised. Looking forward to the trip south. Max

Looking forward to helping operate at the show. It'll be good fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks to 1st day of 'The Great Electric Train Show' at Gaydon. I have been replacing a few accessory switches that were causing some problems at Middlesburgh in May, adding some fencing that was missing and completing a few of the Metcalfe buildings by adding the chimneys. Going through the fleet of wagons to check couplings and adding some tail lamps. An addition to the fleet this week has been a blue and grey inspection saloon - just to let the bosses have a wee trip doon the line.

have managed to get all my operating team in place so looking forward to arriving at Gaydon a week on Friday. Max

• Like 1