Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

Nighthawks  (the corner café at night)

I like the photo of Frome in particular, and also the Hopper painting, though I confess my (not very) artistic eye doesn't see the connection in the way yours does!

…however, entirely off-topic for which, apologies, on googling to find the Hopper painting, I fell upon a collection of parodies of it: highly irreverent of course, but worth a look for a bit of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

This is taken from a Kodachrome 64 colour slide scan and then I have played around a bit with it in Photoshop a bit to lighten the shadows and try and improve the dramatic effect.

A pair Of China Rail QJ 2-10-2s on a freight near Harbin in March 1988 - definitely best viewed full screen.

post-4406-0-17263000-1498153936_thumb.jpg

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 5

Genesee & Wyoming Australia veteran GM37 first entered service with the Commonwealth Railways in 1966.

It was seen a few minutes after sunrise on 3 July 2017 at the crossing loop at Wirrappa, South Australia, while waiting to run around its work train.

post-4406-0-02696600-1499237331_thumb.jpg

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...