Model Rail 147 Sept 2010

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Now dropping through the letterboxes of subscribers across the country it would appear.

Had a quick flick through and a very good issue by the looks of it. Blotting out mentally anything containing the words 'Blue' and 'Pullman', highlights for me are the very interesting new N gauge tram from Kato, Tedford & Bearham (1980's OO gauge BR, very nice...), further titivating your Hornby Class 56, Wadebridge (Southern withered arm layout) whilst the SuperTest this month is of special use to me as it is all about Backscenes plus there is the excellent '16 Steps to a West Country Branch Line'.

IIn a further twist to the ongoing (and quite frankly boring as far as I am concerned) Blue Pullman farce saga in Chris Leigh's final word at the end (which bizarrely I always read first!) there is the hint that apparently Dapol were considering making one as well which would have made four of the dratted things!.

Overall, best issue for a while I reckon!

• RMweb Gold

Now dropping through the letterboxes of subscribers across the country it would appear.

Had a quick flick through and a very good issue by the looks of it. Blotting out mentally anything containing the words 'Blue' and 'Pullman', highlights for me are the very interesting new N gauge tram from Kato, Tedford & Bearham (1980's OO gauge BR, very nice...), further titivating your Hornby Class 56, Wadebridge (Southern withered arm layout) whilst the SuperTest this month is of special use to me as it is all about Backscenes plus there is the excellent '16 Steps to a West Country Branch Line'.

IIn a further twist to the ongoing (and quite frankly boring as far as I am concerned) Blue Pullman farce saga in Chris Leigh's final word at the end (which bizarrely I always read first!) there is the hint that apparently Dapol were considering making one as well which would have made four of the dratted things!.

Overall, best issue for a while I reckon!

Seconded although I've been more than happy with most of the recent issues in one way or another. And don't forget that fascinating WW2 GWR branchline layout 'Upper Isis' - one of several featured and interesting layouts.

And Chris is now branching into 'O' gauge with a layout in mind so no doubt the 'back page' will continue to interest us for some time to come - well worth the 'score' I gave it in the survey :)

Contents list for MR 147

News - ROD and B*** P***man from Bachmann, Diesels going to MR Live

Reviews Bachmann JPA

Farish 3MT 2-6-2T

Union Mills Director

Kato tram system

Tedford & Bearham OO layout

Tupdale for sale

Working loco headlamps

Tweaking the dcc on Hornby's Class 56

Ashwood Basin O layout

N Gauge show preview

Upper Isis wartime OO layout

How to build multi-media kits

Wadebridge OO layout

MODEL RAIL LIVE PREVIEW

Supertest - Backscenes

Tomix Scharfenburg couplers

16 Steps to a modern West Country branch line, including AShburton masterplan with a difference.

Q&A including how to make successful six-wheelers.

Plus Show & Tell, Model Mail, Backscene etc.

• RMweb Premium

Glad to see it's not just me fed up with the whole BP hype/farce/froth. The sooner it's out and the 'experts' have pulled it to peices and all the maoning is out of the way the better. I'm sure there's be more interest in a wider range of re-tooled Bulleid coaches, now that would be something to get excited about...

• RMweb Premium

Throughout the country? Optimist!

Chris

I have been called many things in my time, 'Optimist' certainly is one of the few things I have not, 'Devastatingly handsome' is pretty much the only other one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Picked up my copy From Ian Allan Bookshop in Birmingham this afternoon along with Railway Modeller. biggrin.gif

Interesting Smiths at Derby Station had the Railway Modeller but the one at Birmingham New Street didn't! Neither had ModelRail!

Guest eddie reffin

Another good'un. The balance of the mag seems to be really good recently. Good to see another of our membership published - Tractor_37260- good article Ken. Another article that appealed to me was the N gauge coupling one.

Well done to Chris, Ben and the team.

Cheers

Eddie

Archived