Plattling webcam

Most of the USA is covered in Snow. I understand that 85% of the Great Lakes are now frozen over - the first time in over a decade. Trains still keep running though.

Oops! I thought this was the Bailey Yard webcam thread, sorry!

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

watched this rake of cars come in and take the whole siding up to allow this light engine move come whizzing through, and then proceeded on it`s way again. wouldn`t mind 10% value of all them cars.

post-14408-0-62439300-1394279834_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Most of the USA is covered in Snow. I understand that 85% of the Great Lakes are now frozen over - the first time in over a decade. Trains still keep running though.

Oops! I thought this was the Bailey Yard webcam thread, sorry!

Best, Pete.

This does appear a bit extreme for the time of year Pete. http://www.weathercentral.com/weather/us/maps/current_temperatures_c.html

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 1

Clocks spring forward today. What does that mean?

12" of snow between New York and the New England coast during next mid-week......

Never ending. I just remembered John, I owe you a photo of a window in a  roof. Can I wait till spring? Next July probably...

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

I believe that this might be a test train for the new 'BOB' (Bayern Oberland Bahn?) units which are due to be entering service out of Munich on such routes as the line to Salzburg.

If anyone knows any different, please feel free to correct me.

Yes, it's a set of FLIRT 3 units for BOB's "Meridian" network going from Munich to Salzburg, Kufstein and Rosenheim. These units had serious reliability problems, so that replacement services were composed of such diverse types as ÖBB coach formations, "metronom" Dostos, the very same DB "n" type coaches which the FLIRT sets were to replace, and indeed Desiro and Talent type DMUs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There was some night working the other night but all you saw was light glow blocking cam view out, but today looks like they have took out  several  points, track bits and ground work for replacement.

I zoomed pics up a bit to try show the area while trying to keep detailed as possible circled in yellow .

post-14408-0-22730500-1401705313_thumb.jpg

You can still make out the track alignment and how they stop at the void, shame no camera at that end to see the workings fully.

post-14408-0-60378000-1401705330_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just having a quick look in and noticed they now have 6 shunts on the go, 5 parked up and 1 working and for once even class numbers

3 x Cl 90

3 x Cl 60

build start to silly xmas season I guess as they suddenly got a lot more busy this last week.

post-14408-0-53293000-1411073575_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

9.20p.m., and 28 degrees Celsius.

Time to put the webcam on and watch the approaching thunderstorm.

Yes I caught one happening a few week back at top of screen to see if it came towards Plattling, and if it did the chance of the OHL being struck. But it just passed left too right and I weren't quick enough for screen grabs, but still a spectacular show to see.

The following link is very useful for tracking thunderstorms:

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

I saw the storms tracking east through Bavaria and extrapolated it to likely arrival in Plattling.

The link is good for storms throughout Europe. Earlier this year I was treated to the incredible storm over Nordrhein-Westfalen when I watched it live on the Dortmund Flughafen livecam. Nature is awe-inspiring at her violent best.

The yellow diesel in post 488 is an ex DR V100 similar to the DB  V210 v211 v212s. Please note the correct notation should be BR211 BR100 etc . That is the German equivalent for our Class xx etc 

Edited by 40F