If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hi!

Koyli

Hello. I'm Mark Buckle from Altofts in Yorkshire. I've been modelling for nearly 30 years and still have a lot of room for improvement! I've stuck to 00, varying in era from steam to early sectorisation. Recently moved into DCC and am slowly getting to grips with the basics. I'm particularly interested in developing my skills in scratchbuit buildings. All the best!

Welcome aboard- you've come to the right place if you are keen on improving your modelling skills; here is full of people with expertise and willingness to share and help wherever possible, and the site is very photo friendly. Enjoy; as they say.

Richard

Like the man said, it's all here. And, as I'm on commission* I'd recommend you take an inspirational look at Richard's Kylesku & The Mound, marketed under the Ben Alder brand, he's doing his modest thang, see wink.gif

Seriously, there's some very inspirational buildings-in-context on layouts on RMWeb, I'm biased, but Jamie's Culreoch, Kylesku, Claggy's Caolisport, anything with the name Chris Nevard attached to it (Catcott Burtle) and Gravy Train's beautifully evocative pieces are just the first five that occur to me. Check out picture of the week in the top left of the welcome screen and that's always a damgood indication of what's hot!

* from the Scottish Layout Marketing Board

Like the man said, it's all here. And, as I'm on commission* I'd recommend you take an inspirational look at Richard's Kylesku & The Mound, marketed under the Ben Alder brand, he's doing his modest thang, see wink.gifSeriously, there's some very inspirational buildings-in-context on layouts on RMWeb, I'm biased, but Jamie's Culreoch, Kylesku, Claggy's Caolisport, anything with the name Chris Nevard attached to it (Catcott Burtle) and Gravy Train's beautifully evocative pieces are just the first five that occur to me. Check out picture of the week in the top left of the welcome screen and that's always a damgood indication of what's hot!* from the Scottish Layout Marketing Board

- :blush: - Chard's right though, photographs, or the lack of them, make a big difference to the "feel" of a forum, and it is the plethora of images that help make here the place to be.

Richard

Archived