John Fozard North Eastern Design

26power

Saw an advert for this range in a recent Railway Modeller and thought might be of interest to others - I don't often get mags these days, so easy to miss some of the smaller manufacturer's new releases, or even their existence!

Website is: http://www.freewebs.com/jnw290/

The LNER non corroidor stock was of interest to me.

Anyone actually built any?  A search brought up a couple of mentions in threads, but not much.

I have no connection with this manufacturer.

Cheers,

26power

Guest Max Stafford

They're on my radar John. I'm going to ease off on loco construction once the J36 is done for a while so I can concentrate on building some etched coaches and NPCCS to add some variety to my 'boil in the bag' rolling stock. :)

Dave.

John and I go back years to when bus preservation was at its height in the early 1970s. To give a little background, he is a well respected commercial photo printer but in recent years his attention turned to etching 7mm scale NER locos and Eastern 4mm scale coach kits. His artwork is impeccable and the etching fit together very well.

Larry

I asked him about that at Darlington last year and he told me he'd done the artwork such that bits of different coaches were mixed up on one fret. He may now have revised that.

If Dan Pinnock hadn't gone back to 4mm I'd have had some of John's coaches by now.

Guest Max Stafford

As far as I'm concerned, this stuff is a previously undiscovered treasure trove. I'm going to be investing some ill gotten with John. :)

Dave.

I have bought sets of NER coach etches of John Fozzard pretty much since the day he first introduced them as ready to run coaches. An e-mail to john has always come back with a positive response and I have a full set of all the etches for the NER bogie coaches as well as some of his excellent LNER coach etches.

I am hoping John brings out the GNR bogie stock later this year that is on his web site also. As has been mentioned elsewhere an excellent service and excellent quality designs and etches.

Steve.T

I have quite a few of John's excellent exNER coaches, in LNER livery, some of which can be seen on my layout "STAINSBY" at expoEM North in September. I particularly like the "toplight" versions. I keep trying to persuade him to a couple of the NER Clerestory coaches, but to no avail, yet!!!

Archived