Andover Model Railway Club Modelex 2010

kimitrain

Sat 4th - Sun 5th September 2010

Andover Model Railway Club - Modelex 2010

John Hanson School, Floral Way, Andover, Hampshire SP10 3PB

OPENING TIMES: SAT 10am-5pm, SUN 10am-4.00pmADMISSION: Adults £4.00 Concessions £3.00 Children £3.00 Family £9.00

A great day out that will appeal to the model railway hobbyist and family alike. A good selection of Model railway layouts and traders will be on offer. Prices are being held for the fourth year running as follows. £4.00 for Adults £3.00 for concessions and £9.00 for a family ticket. Please buy a programme when you visit the exhibition as all the profit from the programme sales will be donated to Hampshire Air ambulance. Opening times are, Saturday 10:00-17:00 Sunday 10:00-16:0

List of Layouts Attending :

Albany G

-

Alton 2000 00

-

Brockleigh N

-

Chedway 00

-

Foxstow 00

-

Frogpool 0

-

Grove Dale N

Longmoor N

-

Lulworth Camp & Westport Gasworks 00

-

Manston Airport 00

-

Masham TT

-

Padstow N

-

Portminster 00

-

Smallcombe 00

-

Soberton 00

-

Stapleforth Mainline N

-

The Gretton & Wenlock Railway 0-16.5

-

Wantage 0

-

Weydon Road 0

List Of Traders

Aar Models

Brians Trains

-

Kyteslights

Carriage & Wagon Models

-

Modellers Mate

D & P Models

-

Neil Cresswell

Plus Daughters

Falcon Figures

-

Rural Railways

Jbs Model World

-

Keith's Model Railways

-

Talyllyn Railway Preservation Society

Kevin Robertson Books

-

Kismets-kits

www.amrc.hampshire.org.uk

I'll be there helping with Neil Rogers' Oakdale (a small-ish US HO switching layout using our modular system) which isn't on that list above but is on the website! wink.gif

This weekend

very frendly show, and i will be on our club layout frogpool

Hi all

Looking forward to Andover Model Railway Club's Modelex 2010 tomorrow. Thanks for joining us Glorious NSE. I hope you will enjoy the weekend and Oakdale keeps you entertained, will pop over to say hello over the weekend. I have my list of jobs so will be sure to be kept busy (Assistant to John Bruce on his EM gauge layout "Works Yard", Hall marshal and helping with the catering) as per usual the exhibition weekend is going to be over before I know it. I hope that some of the fellow RMWebbers can make it to Andover this weekend. Please post any feed back if you do get to come. Cheers all and hope to see you over the weekend. If you see a blonde haired bloke with a name badge saying Martin Sebon please say hello as that's me.

All the best

Fursty

Really enjoyed the show. Layouts were excellent, was good to see a bit of LGB running too. Ordered a couple of wooly jumpers from Kismet Knits for the kids. Picked up a load of track for a fiver for my nephews prospective layout and a few bits for me including a Bratchells mark 3 DVT for £17. Bit of an impulse buy but it's been really nicely painted in I/C Swallow livery.

I'm sure we'll be back next year.

a few bits for me including a Bratchells mark 3 DVT for £17. Bit of an impulse buy but it's been really nicely painted in I/C Swallow livery.

Uugh, I cannot remember how much I paid for mine when new but I am sure they put a bigger dent in my piggy bank than that. :O

Still, it was a great show with some smart new layouts this year. Well worth a visit, even if Kintbury Jon has nabbed all the best bargains already. ;)

Uugh, I cannot remember how much I paid for mine when new but I am sure they put a bigger dent in my piggy bank than that. ohmy.gif

Still, it was a great show with some smart new layouts this year. Well worth a visit, even if Kintbury Jon has nabbed all the best bargains already. wink.gif

Well he did have three of them for sale so maybe the other two are still there. I'm not sure whether people would want them based on the Hornby release (excluding me!)

Many thanks to the Andover club for your great hospitality over the weekend. We had a good show, we discovered a few freightcars have magnetic wheelsets so "bounce" on the uncoupling magnets, and had a minor wiring issue with one point but other than that it worked really well all weekend.

Nice to meet and chat to many of you over the weekend as well :)

Thanks for the kind comments Martyn

cheers to all that made it to the show and hopefully you all enjoyed it. If you do have any other comments, be it the catering, signs, or layout to trader balance, it would be great to hear them so we may be able to improve things.

Cheers all and hopefully see you alll next year

Catering-wise, from memory we had hot food when we visited a few years back, but the exhibitors packed lunches were perfectly adequate (much better than some places we've visited) - I understand there is now an issue with using the school facilities for cooking? If so what you did is probably the best solution really! Plenty of tea/coffee vouchers too which was appreciated.

The burger van for the visitors seemed to be doing a roaring trade - I thought it was useful to have them open before the show opens as well as from what I could tell they also did a roaring trade in bacon rolls for exhibitors before the show opened! biggrin.gif My impression from a quick visit on Saturday morning was that it was well cooked and that price versus product was quite good there as well (nice big "two hands" roll with lots of bacon for I think £2.50) so I can't see much cause for complaint there either.

Maybe those aren't your ideal way of catering the show, but both looked reasonably successful ways of meeting the needs to me.

Road signage was pretty good, the only thing I wondered was is your local council very sympathetic? I know down here the local club can't put up signs as the council doesn't like it - one year they ended up with a council chap being paid to follow them round taking them down again, it's always nice to see our tax money being spent well! wink.gif

I didn't see any problems with either layout/trader balance, or trader type balance, or even layout type balance, plenty of variety, maybe a bit of a Southern bias but then that's the local thing so probably to be expected, there was a gorgeous North Eastern Railway? TT scale layout right next to us though so it was far from being overwhelmingly Southern or too predictable!

All in all a very nice show in a very nicely presented (and very accessible - very kid friendly, very wheelchair friendly) modern venue.

Well done guys. smile.gif

Archived