Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Greg Fox of Foxline Publishing

trains12

Greg Fox

It is with deep sadness that I have to report the death of Greg Fox of Foxline Publishing. Greg passed away yesterday morning in Marple Dale Hall Care Home, after a long illness. I first met Greg just after he published his second book some 25 years ago. He was a great character and was always ready to help, even offering advice when I took over Cheona Publishing in 2000. He will be sorely missed by many people

I am sure that we all offer our condolences to his wife and family.

Peter

Greg, through his inestimable Foxline range of books, made a massive contribution to our knowledge of many of the less glamorous parts of the railway network, especially in the north-west. They give a flavour of what was like back in those faint remembered days, for example in Stuart Taylor's 'Journeys by Excursion Train' series of books and, through the writings of ex-railwaymen such as Jim Markland, what life 'on-the-job' was like for those at the sharp end.

He'll be much missed - RIP.

• 9 months later...

Greg's passing has only just come to my attention.

As a fellow Romiley resident I was always eager to track down his bookstand at the local model railway exhibitions.

His books were always well written, designed and printed (kudos to the variety of authors too). Foxline books are always the ones that I re-read over and over again.

RIP.

• RMweb Gold

I only discovered Foxline four or five years ago, but they are excellent books. I didn't know the gentleman and while it may be of little consolation to his friends and family his work will stand and be sought after. RIP and thanks

Archived