Images of industrial buildings for backscene

sn

Can you help? I'm looking for pics of old industrial uk buildings that I can cut out and use on my backscene for my layout Shrewsbury Road . They need to be:-

a) In colour.

Of an angle that shows only one side of the building

c) Of an angle that is neither looking upwards towards and downwards onto the said building

I've scanned the internet for ages googling such words as 'industrial buildings' 'wharehouses' etc but found nothing suitable. (Can you believe that!)

Has anyone else done this and found something suitable or maybe you've gone out and taken some images of your own? If so would you be willing to share the images?

• RMweb Premium

Can you help? I'm looking for pics of old industrial uk buildings that I can cut out and use on my backscene for my layout Shrewsbury Road .

Hi

Try this site cg textures, they have loads of colour pictures, most of them taken "square on."

HTH

Regards

Paul

• 1 month later...

Of an angle that shows only one side of the building

c) Of an angle that is neither looking upwards towards and downwards onto the said building

These can be resolved to some extent by using image editing software like GIMP (free, multi-platform). You can find tutorials on how to modify images. If you're willing to have a play then they will open up a lot more options. Here's a few I found on Flickr which mighht be suitable for your layout (all of which use a creative commons license):

3297833329_2e897643f2.jpg

IMGP8735 by mattbuck4950, on Flickr

You'd need to remove the graffiti, or just use the top of the image (which would be fine behind the wall):

3579219331_d81d0eda60.jpg

Old industrial buildings in Deinze by LHOON, on Flickr

This could work as a link between tow other buildings:

328550116_2121d2a613.jpg

Old industrial buildings, Sheffield by LHOON, on Flickr

I've no idea how you go about giving Attribution to the photographers as required by the creative commons license if you've stuck the images to your backscene. A link to the Flickr photo page would look a bit out of place!

to find more creative commons photos on Flickr go to their advanced search page, scroll to the bottom and check the "creative commons" checkbox.

Archived