Model Rail 149

dibber25

A little while to wait yet, but its printed and the office copies are here, so here goes:

News: First pictures of the first engineering prototype of the MR/Dapol Sentinel. Still lots of small detail and rivets to add.

CAD outline of Olivia's Class 76

Reviews: Hornby 28xx and Hawksworth coaches, Bachmann Class 03, Farish Mk1 coaches, Scenecraft depot structures, Bachmann Blue Class 105, Hornby watercart 'Arthur'

East Dean - Hillingdon O gauge layout

Static grass

Run it like a real railway - Goods yards

Diesel detailing

Hellingly Hospital Railway - OO layout

Supertest - weathering products

5 ways to weather without an airbrush

George Dent tweaks a Class 14

Hendre Lane.

28xxs at work

Not a'N'other DCC feature!

Masterplan: Craven ArmsDarren builds a JLTRT Class 20

Plus all the regulars including Model Mail, Q&A and Backscene.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

No ones mentioned the free DVD.

Quite a good preview of all the Model Rail expert DVDs.

And a quick glance at what there is to see in the Hornby visitors centre.

I haven't finished reading mine yet but one thing struck me. If the on-sale date is supposed to be 7th October, why does the exhibition diary include details of 16 exhibitions which took place the previous weekend?!

Chris

Check your copies, my subscription one has pages 51 to 66 and 106 to 122 missing. Just about to contact MR to get a replacement.

Dave

I read about a similar issue on another forum yesterday with pages 1-18 missing. Seems there could be a few out there suffering from collation problems. Knowing MR, I'm sure they will put it right quickly.

I haven't finished reading mine yet but one thing struck me. If the on-sale date is supposed to be 7th October, why does the exhibition diary include details of 16 exhibitions which took place the previous weekend?! (quote)

Because sometimes issues get out to subscribers much earlier than expected, so we put the earlier exhibitions in just to cover ourselves. In this instance, printed copies were in existence well before the weekend in question. There's generally a good reason behind what we do.

CHRIS LEIGH

Just found this thread! My copy arrived yesterday with the first 18 pages missing. From what I have heard from other forums others have had similar issues with missing centre pages and loose staples. :angry:

A good issue, great piece on the weathering, especially all the non airbrushing options, and on the cl14.

The diesel depot layout was very good also, very clever use of the mirror.

did the price go up, I paid a full euro more than the last issue and I doubt its all due to foreign exchange?

happy to report mine was fully intact (checked before I bought though just to be sure.)

did the price go up, I paid a full euro more than the last issue and I doubt its all due to foreign exchange?

happy to report mine was fully intact (checked before I bought though just to be sure.)

Yes - it's now just one penny under 4 UK pounds, previously £3.40. But I think a Euro is worth more than 59UK pence, so someone, somewhere, has done some 'rounding up' perhaps!

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE NEW PRICE! Even at £4, the fatter MR is still well worth it, and the blow was cushioned (in the UK at least) with a cover-attached modelling DVD with over 60 minutes running time.

Richard

I noticed the banner at the top of the front cover, alluding to the DVD that 1 or 2 others have mentioned.

Ben Jones mentions it in the last para. of his editorial at the bottom of Page 3 as being "attached to the cover". However, my copy didn't have this.

I pointed this out to my retailer, who informed me that none of the copies he has in stock have the DVD either?

Sounds like your retailer needs to contact his wholesaler, then.

CHRIS LEIGH

Yeah Chris.

I believe he's already called someone today about this, whether it be the wholesaler you referred to, or someone within MR. Without knowing the content of the DVD, I can't say how disappointed I am!

Despite this, it is an excellent issue.

I understand the DVD should be all copies - newsagents and subscribers alike. Probably not on overseas subs copies due to extra postage cost but I haven't checked so I don't know for sure.

CHRIS LEIGH

Central Scotland Chris. The retailer is my local Model Shop who supples MR to a number of customers.

Archived