Skip delivery lorry

AndyB

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps we should be suggesting to Base Toys and others some more modern cabs. My suggestion would be the 'Club of four' cab that was shared by DAF, Magirus- Deutz, Renault and Volvo. The last two used the cab until the early 2000's, it was introduced about 1983.

1980's a period much ignored , looking how the market is now flooded with 1950s-1960s models , I think they may get onto this in time.

Going back to the Leyland / Albion LAD cab trucks these were made until 1971/1972 and were common sight into the 1980s. They were specifically targeted at skip/mixer/tipper users as the cab was much harder to damage being small and with rounded corners compared to the 'big' Ergo cab.

Slightly off the thread, but picking up on decades that are ignored, we seem to have missed out many familiar models of car from the 70s and early 80s.

I could get into some serious weathering to represent the state of my old Austin 1100 and Allegro. Ahhhh, owning an Allegro, now you all know. <_<

• RMweb Premium

We certainly need more vehicles from the 70's/80's but there are still large gaps from other periods. The most obvious is the BMC 1100/1300 range from the 60's which if you ignore the 'badge engineering' outsold even the Ford Cortina. In the case of pre war cars where are the Austin 7's and Ford Y's?

• RMweb Premium

Assuming that there isn't already a thread about this already, I guess it might be an idea to start a thread about: "decade-by-decade wish list of cars"? Save this thread getting too confusing?

Andy

I have now done so.

• 4 months later...

Inspired by this thread, I bought a Langley Skip Lorry kit and had a go.

As a beginner to whitemetal road vehicle kits, I would say that this is maybe not the most straightforward kit to put together. However, I'm reasonably pleased with the way it's come out.

post-6795-0-12154000-1300059335_thumb.jpg

post-6795-0-17809000-1300059381_thumb.jpg

Just needs some number plates and it will be ready to pick up junk from all over the wilds of late 70s Aberdeen :)

Archived