RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

There is, in this area, a bakers called Gelders.

Of course they produce Gelder's meat pies.

I always thought it an unfortunate name.

And I have just returned from Korea, where it is commonly believed that Deb's pets would not survive; I never saw a single hound or a horse! One hopes that all horses manage to clear the fences at Aintree tomorrow with a little something to spare. I am off now as I try to readjust my internal clock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And I have just returned from Korea, where it is commonly believed that Deb's pets would not survive; I never saw a single hound or a horse! One hopes that all horses manage to clear the fences at Aintree tomorrow with a little something to spare. I am off now as I try to readjust my internal clock.

When Matthew was in Vietnam the evening meal was rice and protein of the day. He translated the protein when he got back to his hotel room after eating the meal. He was told there are two sorts of dog in Vietnam, "cute" Western breeds or "tasty" Vietnamese varieties.

Tony

• Like 2

It's Saturday! The Sun has not risen yet but there is pre-sunrise light showing some cloud.. Temp today forecast at 23C. Perfect sitting out in the garden, enjoying the sunshine weather.

No pasties here but today's lunch will be boerewors roll with suitable salads.

We do get chicken pie occasionally with a real home made pastry crust. It is served on rice but fortunately the pie also contains potato and a rich gravy as well as the chicken.

As mentioned before the cuisine here is pretty good though predictable. They work to a monthly menu. I kept notes when I first came so  now know in advance what the meals are going to be.

Happy modelling!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Dull and slightly chilly outside, but the forecast for next week does sound a lot better still. The only thing I could do without will be the pollen I fully expect to be in the air once it will indeed turn warm. I think I do have some of those antihistamines left, though.

Have a good one!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, up early for the delivery of a new fridge and freezer but mainly to show that the need for early rising has not gone from my life. When Matthews non job finishes next week I will return to a steady 7.15 rising.

• Like 1

Good morning all!

We have sunshine again but it's still chilly.

Well, our charity night opening night performance was a success artistically and, financially, for the charity in question, which supports children's education in Gambia. Although the audience was only around 50, the organisers were happy to have raised over £400.

A lively session in our bar followed; with a large cast (28) plus crew and Front of House staff, I think every night will be party night!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

• Like 7

Dull and cool here this morning; probable trip up A41 and A525 to a farm just short of Wrexham. Last year, the cattle there were put out to the fields next week but I guess the cold winter has prevented enough new grass growth to let the farmer do that this year so cattle will still be in the barns.

Would you believe I got a touch of sunburn on my face yesterday......it got to 65f in my backyard and was sunny all day. We may get to low 70's next week for a couple of days. Did take the Mower apart, sharpened the blade and cleaned it all up.

Storm chasers note that next week will be a good time to visit the MidWest and South of the USA. Big "SuperCells/Motherships" are predicted from Eastern Texas on Monday right up to the Northern Mid-West by Thursday. It's that time of the year again when warm moist air from the Gulf battles with Cold dry air from Canada...

Have a nice day, Pete.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Forecast says 8/8ths cloud - but there is sun about! I do feel they're floundering a bit at present. Perishing cold yesterday - never got much past 3 deg. My coffee date finally turned up 45' late - after I'd phoned her to remind her. She really doesn't "do" time.

Hope your weekend goes well!

• RMweb Premium

Morning, -4c here this morning, what on earth is wrong with the weather, I think that is the coldest morning we have had all winter.

off to do battle with the local pst office (Isle of Man Post, not UK version) to re-register our campervan with a cherished number we have on retention.  These things have a habit of going very wrong over here, mostly due to very poor forms that are designed by people that don't have an inkling of the true processes - a common failing I find on the island.  It could be worse, at least we're not dealing with DVLA!

• RMweb Gold

Morning, blue sky and sun and at the moment no breeze. Yep Grand National Day, will be putting my new lawnmower to the test later today and cleaning the cars, waiting for a parcel from Sheffield of all places :happy_mini:  well I will be happy when it arrives!!

Have a good day all and be safe.

• RMweb Premium

I remember those days DD - the our number got extended over the years digit by digit!

Over here it's all 6 digit numbers, and for mobiles too, we don't need to use the 07624 to dial a Manx mobile.

Campervan is MAN XXXX - we have our own registrations here, not age related.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

sort of sunny here (but it's currently hiding behind clouds) but a sunny day forecast and a large pile of bits of tree trunk to split into logs and then stack.  And despite all that the dreaded Friday word still gets mentioned ...agh!! (it doesn't just take place on Fridays but that seems to be a regular day for it).

I'll have a quick mooch here and then to work.

Have a good day all

• RMweb Gold

I'll have a quick mooch here and then to work.

Is it possible to mooch* quickly?

Good mooching all.

Martin.

*for those across the pond -- the British meaning of mooch is not the same.

Edited by martin_wynne
  • Like 1

Idle Thoughts @ 5:00am

When I got married the first time we moved to the borders of Harrow/Wembley Park (we had a "HA9" post code an "01" number but paid out local taxes to Brent Council). My rationale was that I could jump on the Metropolitan Line at "Preston Road" and be in the West End in less than 20 minutes.

It was an interesting area.  They were making "Fawlty Towers" at the time and it stood in for Torquay for the outside shots, particularly the episode when Basil was starting "Gourmet Evenings".

When he went to get the food from another restaurant (due to a disaster in the kitchen) he picked it up at our local Greek restaurant (1 minute's walk from the Met station). Then when he attacks his 1100 with a rather large branch that was less than a block from our house.

Legal commercial radio was just underway too, anyone remember Capital Radio starting up? One of their most played adverts had music lyrics that went "Barretts, Barretts, Barretts Liquor Mart" etc. It was really annoying and I complained everytime it came on. So, I'm in a pub or somewhere with some colleagues talking about appalling music and I went into a harangue about this "music" for about 5 minutes. There was a silence for a pregnant momeent and one of my pals piped up: "Actually I wrote and sang that!"

Me, cringing with embarassment. Dave Howman (Hi, Dave!) who it was, went on to jointly do the music for the later Monty Python films like "Life of Brian"... Sometimes it pays to just keep your big mouth tightly closed.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all.

Bright and sunny.

Took to modelling yesterday - going to be a lot more fiddly than I thought and that's only the mock-up.

The proper one (the engine shed) will be an interesting challenge especially on the inside, most of which won't be seen, of course.

Glad all is well on the doggy front, Debs.  Some worry, eh?

And don't forget to treat yourself, too. :sungum:

Have a good day, ERs and your family, pets and friends.

Polly

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Maybe Rare Bob will be feeling a little twitchy if he sees Mr Tesco in the crowd.

Nothing like the threat of a cleaver to make one jump.

If it wins it will be 'well done'.

• Like 2

Grand National Day!

I wonder if supermarkets will be represented in the crowd?

Tips might include Point Rump.

Sam Withers and Tony Dobbin jockeyed nags in earlier races.....you couldn`t make it up! :laugh:

• Like 4