Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, It's Friday! Weather not looking too clever but as it's an office day that doesn't matter much. If there's going to be an ERs photo at Ally Pally tomorrow I better wear my disguise, something in crushed Augergine perhaps!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning All, It's Friday! Weather not looking too clever but as it's an office day that doesn't matter much. If there's going to be an ERs photo at Ally Pally tomorrow I better wear my disguise, something in crushed Augergine perhaps!

Cheers

Dave

B*gger! I was thinking of wearing that - perhaps I'll go for crushed auBergine instead......I'm getting my hair cut today especially, do you and Gordon want me to bring some of the trimmings along? :lol:

• RMweb Premium

...I'm getting my hair cut today especially, do you and Gordon want me to bring some of the trimmings along? :lol:

Don't think we would reap the true benefit if you bring them along but I'm sure with a little thought we would be able to tell you where you can put them! If you are having a trim then I think it will be a roof down run rain or shine. :P

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I won't be getting my haircut for the ER meeting as it is still OK from the last trim. This I know as my wife hasn't told me I'm looking like Compo again or looking deranged. She did ask me to remember to get some cash today. I replied I wasn't planning to buy anything on Saturday but it was for her visit on Saturday to the new chiropodist. She isn't sure if they accept card payments. Matthew will be taking himself shopping on Saturday but he can use his own cashcard!

I haven't decided what to wear tomorrow. I usually solve the problem of colour coordination by only ever buying dull colours. I do however have a bright blue and orange fleece I got at a huge discount. Perhaps it was a diverted cancelled export order for the South African Railways. Actually it is a New Zealand brand, perhaps it is a southern hemisphere colour scheme.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Good Morrow

On my break now - and as soon as I logged on "are you on your break?".

Odd sort of a day here - hammered down last night, so hard that it actually woke me up. Also still a bit dull now.

Not a great deal happening here - just waiting for 3.30 when I visit the torture chamber (aka physio department).

My mistake about the PC here - I got the units wrong - RAM should be 1 gig, and was half - not 1 meg. Shows how much I know about these wretched computer things.

• RMweb Gold

I'm leaving my car in the local station car park so I won't be leaving the roof open. The Scenic roof openings look bigger than the windows on Don's train. Though if anybody wants any hair my car is full of it, but I'm not sure how well Blue Roan Spaniel hair can be transplanted.

• RMweb Premium

I'm not sure how well Blue Roan Spaniel hair can be transplanted.

Nor do I, but I have a lot of experience of dog hair getting everywhere including clogging up the hoover. I had a blue roan cocker lass who lived to 15 plus, and was actually quite puppy like up to fairly late on - then old age caught up with her on overdrive, and she just wasted away. She was a cracking little dog, though. I am now on my third Sussex Spaniel, and of you think cockers are bad, try these - all the cocker sillyness, combined with a stubborn streak - the true canine example of give it an inch and it'll take a mile - getting the current one off the bed is an real struggle - this morning, she decided to greet us at 03.59 - hopefully when the clock changes her body clock won't! LOL

• RMweb Gold

Nor do I, but I have a lot of experience of dog hair getting everywhere including clogging up the hoover. I had a blue roan cocker lass who lived to 15 plus, and was actually quite puppy like up to fairly late on - then old age caught up with her on overdrive, and she just wasted away. She was a cracking little dog, though. I am now on my third Sussex Spaniel, and of you think cockers are bad, try these - all the cocker sillyness, combined with a stubborn streak - the true canine example of give it an inch and it'll take a mile - getting the current one off the bed is an real struggle - this morning, she decided to greet us at 03.59 - hopefully when the clock changes her body clock won't! LOL

Robbie doesn't come upstairs. That was the one thing that my wife insisted on when she agreed to a dog when our son finally persuaded her with some carefully pitched reasoning (or make Mummy feel guilty!). The only negative thing about our dog is the incredible hairiness. Our previous vacuum cleaner could not cope and we resorted to the ultimate pet vacuum the Miele Cat and Dog.

He does love going out but is very good at home and in the car. Robbie is a working type Cocker and is very fast and agile. They are supposed to be brave but non aggressive. He isn't aggressive and is good with children, other dogs, and cyclists and joggers! I'm not sure about brave but he is a very confident dog especially when it comes to leaping and jumping! His father was called Tigger and I think it would have been an appropriate name for Robbie if he hadn't been blue!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Time for bed I think, if I want to appear coherent tomorrow at Ally P. I've made my sandwiches and I shall endeavour not to leave them at home as I did last year. Matthew has promised to take Robbie for a walk so I don't have to organise that in the morning now!

Tony

I must have turned on my alarm by mistake when I went to bed last night. So there I was this morning, awake and disgruntled at some unearthly hour. 'Never mind', I thought, 'I'll get up and partake in the witty banter on ER'. The one day none of you set your own alarm clocks!

Have a good day.

(Blue sky with 2 white wispy oktas here, and one very loud bird giving it some in the tree just outside the bedroom window.)

Geoff

I'm going to a more modest affair.

Trying to pick up a few bargains in Oswestry.

Billed as a "Toy and Train Fair".

"All major manufacturers represented" 80+ 'tables'.

Will report back.

To reach AP for 12.30 I'd have to start about three hours ago.

Morning All,

It is a bit grey here this morning and rain is threatening.

Wishing a great day to all of you who are attending Ally Pally. I wouldn't mind visiting myself if it wasn't so far away. To think that I used to live just up the road!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Forecast for today says rain and possible thunder - likewise for the next few days, but it's supposed to be warmer again. We'll most likely head out for some purchases in the afternoon - other than that, nothing remarkable as of yet.

Have a pleasant day all :) .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I'm just about to have my breakfast and then I'll set off for London. I've just checked C2C online and the trains are OK so at least I don't have to drive to Upminster. I've memorised lots of different routes (and ignored some of the TfL suggestions!

See some of you later. Unlike BoD I won't be posting from the train!

Tony