Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Early morning all, had a quiet day today after Fridays jaunt to Winchester and Southampton We made good time to Winchester but Southampton took an extra hour on the M3 young man! is now installed in his tower block on Winchester uni campus very nice it is too. One in Carlisle and one in Winchester I hope they don't both want to come home on the same day at Christmas.

Ours went to the same Uni but we could only get one in the car at a time...  :O

It wasn't a case of not getting two kids in.  It was all their stuff that was the problem...  . :dontknow:

Morning All

Well, we've just pretty much completed the first night with Schotty. We allowed him into the bedroom and he patrolled around the bed before realising that he wasn't going to get any attention from us (or perhaps, to see that we were all tucked up, safe and sound) he then went and curled up on his sheepskin, outside the bedroom door, where he remained all night. Even when I went to the loo in the middle of the night, he remained on his sheepskin. It was only when I got up at 5am and went downstairs, did he follow me (but this was a cunning plan on my part, as I wanted him to come downstairs with me). I let him into the garden for his morning ablutions, he was made a fuss of and then we all (Mrs iD, Myself, the dog) went back to bed - although I did get up again to type this as I am feeling a bit stressed and agitated (so much responsibility, so many things to do with his behaviours...). As I write, he is curled up on his sheepskin in front of the bedroom door, where I can see from my desk in the library.

He really is a sweet natured dog and he does respond to some commands: ausser [go out], come and aber [get off/don't do that]. Mrs iD and I have written down a list of commands we want him to obey and they are a mixture of English and Swiss German. Vet next Tuesday, dog school ASAP next week.

Well, I'm more relaxed now, so back to bed for a snooze

iD

We think that he may have been in a family with small children, so had some training but was booted out when his adolescence became a problem.

Coffee, then a short sit and stare into the middle-distance, followed by a beach walkies with the Colliewobbles and a check-out of today`s civil engineering 'doings' at the Liverpool 2 worksite (immediately across the river from our strand).

Then (and strap yourselves in for this shocking disclosure): some modelling! :yahoo:

• Like 4

Morning all.

Welcome  Schotty to the ER family of dogs. It's quite extensive and both cute and very friendly.

Weather appearance has improved radically, A couple of fluffy white clouds in a blue sky but still cold at 16C

Lamb with mint sauce, roast potatoes etc. for lunch today.

HAPPY Modelling

What Debs calls 'modelling' I would call heavy Engineering.

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Another glorious day dawning here. We seem set for perfect weather this week, which is a bit of a waste as I'm on Eurostar tomorrow!

Tidying garden and packing will take up much of my time, and we have a very predictable GP tonight, I suspect. Yawn. I'm not sure if Singapore believes that hosting a GP gives it some sort of appeal - but it doesn't.

Hope the sun shines on you, too.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is supposed to be sunny and warm here today but at the moment it is just warm.

We had a nice afternoon in Enfield.  

I'm not sure what we are doing today, probably a walk on the Benfleet & Hadleigh Downs. I would prefer Robbie not to swim today as I applied his heartworm prevention treatment on Friday and it is recommended that the dog should stay dry for a few days.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

According to The Telegraph a "Naked Man was caught having Sex with a Land Rover" in North Wales. It did say he was tyred, complained of Wales still being closed on Sundays.

Best, Pete.

Tyred?

Bet he was exhausted.

• RMweb Gold

I see we've had a visit from Emma.

Be nice for the other ladies if they had some help with the teas.

I'm going out. I may be some time.

Obviously meant as a joke DD but not all ladies would find it funny they get enough of it for real.

Don

• RMweb Gold

According to The Telegraph a "Naked Man was caught having Sex with a Land Rover" in North Wales. It did say he was tyred, complained of Wales still being closed on Sundays.

Best, Pete.

He was obviously turned on but was the Land Rover?

Don

Well, not a bad evening followed a disappointing rugby result in which impartial commentators even questioned the referee's ability? It formed a conversation topic that came up frequently during the evening.

Our own safari started halfway down the village where our hosts provided an excellent and extensive range of Tapas and dry martinis then we climbed back up the hill to ours for my Sarde a Beccafico. Back down about a third of the hill to the main course of a spiced chicken with cous-cous and peas which was followed with a full descent of our hill to partake of a range of sweets including sylabub, sticky toffee pud and a sorbet. The climb back up the hill was broken at around half distance with an adjournment for more alcohol / cheese & biscuits / coffee and (for those of a certain disposition) dancing - I believe that's what it was called but it doesn't resemble anything one sees on TV. SWMBO and I got home around 1 so we failed to be gently snoring by midnight, delaying that by a good 90 minutes. Must try smaller plates / portions and more exercise this week to compensate for the excesses.

Weather here very pleasant, blue skies and light breeze. The big pre-winter clear-up is in the boss's list of things to be done (by me) today. Singapore is probably not on the agenda for reasons presented by our Le Mans correspondent.

• Like 2

Morning All!

Suspiciously sunny with light breeze today, but apparently also creeping up to 23 degrees later!  Off for a quick circuit on the Bianchi, then heading to Model Rail, Newark.

Obviously meant as a joke DD but not all ladies would find it funny they get enough of it for real.

Don

I think the ladies on here are with the programme sufficiently to see it as a joke and give as good as they get.

In my experience of being henpecked.

• RMweb Premium

I think the ladies on here are with the programme sufficiently to see it as a joke and give as good as they get.

In my experience of being henpecked.

I'm not called Polly for nothing, you know... :mosking:

smiley-eatdrink059.gif

Edit:  Tea, anyone?

Edited by southern42