Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all - nice morning in Leeds following very heavy rain and gales last night.

Have a great Thursday everyone - especially those still at work (which seems to be not a lot....)

and thanks for your support folks - I am about to prove medical science wrong..... watch this space....

Barry O

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Seems to be cool and damp weather at the moment but it is forecast to be clear and sunny later. 

Today I shall be mainly cooking. Friends will be arriving this evening. I have decided (following a "suggestion") to make fish pie. 

Robbie will need his grooming finishing. He doesn't like it but he is getting more tolerant at last! 

Tony

I had dinner with the guys from the Federal Reserve/Treasury again last night - they want to do it more often as they get a good press each time for acting with due dilligence* - this time the buzz word was "tapering"....

I think you chaps will have one further big storm before Christmas (in the UK).

Best, Pete.

* pure coincidence - I ain't that clever.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning, weather a contrast to last night today dry, blue sky and no wind. Had 2 power cuts last night and the rain was torrential not helped by the high wind speed.

Collection morning today not associated with Christmas, new bathroom tiles etc hoping to get some time on the layout today as Christmas starts on Saturday with the arrival of my eldest son for a week who lives and works in London and time for the layout will be questionable.

Enjoy your day

• RMweb Premium

I had dinner with the guys from the Federal Reserve/Treasury again last night - they want to do it more often as they get a good press each time for acting with due dilligence* - this time the buzz word was "tapering"....

I think you chaps will have one further big storm before Christmas (in the UK).

Best, Pete.

* pure coincidence - I ain't that clever.

well I like the idea of "Tapering" but don't want to go to anything with financial people - have you counted your fingers/toes/hands/feet today Pete?  and many thanks fo r teh storm warning - it was quite an interesting evening last night.....

and with that tara for this morning off to play trains on a big layout the other side of the Pennines for the day...

Barry O

• Like 1

No, but we try to divert them from crime before that level - but we didn't get a chance with these two - high tarrif crime, do not pass go, straight to remand.  They will be detained for quite some time if found guilty (highly likely).  First ones for 18 months.  We don't like to lock juveniles up, it doesn't really help as a rule, they learn more.....

Post them to the New Jersey Juvenile Penitentiary (Maximum Security) interesting place for young European offenders.....reams of action.

One of my neighbours is a Lieutenant there (good salary)!

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning, and it's dry on Fraggle Rock.  Quite how this has been achieved after last night's deluge I have no idea.  The water was so deep on the roads going home we were worrying about hitting a submarine....

Best wishes to our diabetic friends, one of my colleagues suffers with it, and I mean suffers, retinopathy, foot ulcers, the lot - and he's only 36.  He has an insulin pump connected 24/7.

Flu jabs free here at walk-in clinics, saves arguing with the practice nurse we have who seems to treat it as a privelege for anyone to have it - if she cared to check my notes she would see why..... :butcher:  

Odd that she is so bolshie, the GP is superb.  Maybe it's because she DID check the notes and knows I'm not Manx born, just of Manx descent! :O

• RMweb Premium

Post them to the New Jersey Juvenile Penitentiary (Maximum Security) interesting place for young European offenders.....reams of action.

Best, Pete.

Reams, or reamed...... :O  :O  :O  :O  :O  :O

Morning all.

Seems to be cool and damp weather at the moment but it is forecast to be clear and sunny later. 

Today I shall be mainly cooking. Friends will be arriving this evening. I have decided (following a "suggestion") to make fish pie. 

Robbie will need his grooming finishing. He doesn't like it but he is getting more tolerant at last! 

Tony

I do like a good fish pie Tony. Prawn, smoked haddock, salmon and mackerel in my recipe with a thin parsley sauce and topped with sliced potatoes lightly covered in cracked black peppercorns.

Morning all, been away from ER for a bit due to all kinds of action at Schloss iD - including a bit of modelling.

Just back from a walk with the Hairy Monster and we both returned wet and cold (we are suffering from an icy drizzle at the moment). It's incredibly icy outside and I learnt a new fact about my dog - he can't skate....

Am on my hols, so get HM walking duty both early mornings and midday. One hopes to get some modelling done (especially as I am about 8 hours of work away from finishing my copy of the Old Blue Last pub).

Have a splendiferous day!

iD

• Like 2

I do like a good fish pie Tony. Prawn, smoked haddock, salmon and mackerel in my recipe with a thin parsley sauce and topped with sliced potatoes lightly covered in cracked black peppercorns.

Sounds tasty. I do a fish pie of sorts, but I use puff pastry to cover...

D**n, thinking about that has made me hungry, I'll have to raid the biscuit tin.

iD

Friday's bake day and I'm planning to make a Dundee Cake :imsohappy:

• Like 2

Best, Pete.

Ouch if I get your drift Pete! No jokes about soap and showers.

NHN - I believe practice nurses are all selected from the same mould. We routinely get talked down to regarding asthma treatment and treated like 5 year olds. "Now, if you remember the chart we looked at together last time...."

What I'd give to actually be 5 again though. :)

Well, it's turning in to a sunny day here - in more ways than one.

For starters the sun is out, which always helps. Then I checked with the cooker door suppliers about where my order was. "Expecting it into our warehouse today, despatching it via courier today, should be with you tomorrow." I've no association with RansomSpares - a family business down in Yeoville, but the service is great and they'll talk you through it and help find the part you need. Sadly the turkey doesn't feel the same way and is looking decidedly nervous. :butcher:  

Defrosting the fridge, then off to buy a Brussels sprout and a clementine. I may be some time.

Have a lovely day everyone. Andy 

EDIT Oops, forgot to mention that my daughter came home with the "Headmaster's Cup", awarded to her because "she always has her head in a book."  :read:

Edited by AndyB
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Andy if only other parents took as much intrest and had so much happiness from their childrens acheivements my job would dissapear overnight.

And if I learnt some spelling and grammar I might make it back to a classroom............

Edited by skipepsi
  • Like 7

Morning All,

It is rather grey here this morning, but at least the rain we had earlier has stopped.

I don't think there is going to be much chance of a white Christmas!

Have a good day everyone...

Andy if only other parents took as much intrest and had so much happiness from their childrens acheivements my job would dissapear overnight.

And if I learnt some spelling and grammar I might make it back to a classroom............

Mine too.....

Bless you both. That's a kind thing to say.   :friends:

Mick I don't know what your job is but keep up the good work. I'm certain your work is making a big difference to youngsters' lives.

Neil, I'm sure that although you see youngsters under very difficult circumstances it may be the first bit of quality input they have ever had from an adult. Keep at it - it matters!

Best, Andy 

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Bright sunny day - so far - and the furry felines are daring to brave it every now and then before coming back for good warm.

And I see that Ash's O/H is older than me - just ;)  iD's Dundee Cake sounds most attractive but I'm not supposed to eat things like that (for the same reason as Barry O) so I can just dream, no Christmas pud either but that's no real hardship as I would have to scoff the lot as no one else in the house likes it.  Talking of Christmas I really ought to see if I can find anything for Mrs Stationmaster apart from the metallic shiny thing in a little box and I need to get her a card so I might venture to Reading tomorrow.  That apart the only shopping outstanding is the veg and the meat/pies etc - the latter will involve a trip south of the river to Pangbourne on Sunday but via a roundabout route with Whitchurch bridge closed until April(ish).

Have a good day one & all.

• Like 1

Past times have had this household well stocked with a variety of alcoholic beverages, chocolates, biscuits and other items that diabetics would have to be somewhat restricting in their participation. For some reason this year seems different. The cellar is less than half full, I couldn't find a chocolate anywhere last night and only a few cheese biscuits are hidden (unsuccessfully) in a box in the larder cupboard. Do I go to the off-sales in case I need to offer a glass to visitors or do I pull up the drawbridge and lower the portcullis?

I am so looking forward to the arrival (in four days time) of Madam Gruff's nonagenarian widowed aunt - who has been telling us for the past 20 years at least that "I probably won't be around next year" that I think the LP has got a damaged groove. I need to study a resume of all the soap operas' story-lines for the past 12 months so I can hold a polite conversation and not sit groaning in the lounge whilst 'being sociable'. At least she only comes downstairs after 11:00 so I can get out for a walk beforehand - my version of the normal Christmas film fayre "The Great Escape".

Weather here is bright and quite still, somewhat different to last night's offering. I thought Fraggle Rock had bumped into this house at one point! Time perhaps to go and spread my brand of Christmas Cheer amongst the traders of nearby towns, no doubt the barbers will want to charge me a search fee again.

Hah, bumbug.

PS - hope Debs is OK.

Edit for tryping errors

Edited by Gruffalo
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Andy, you are completely correct.  Some of the best successes we have with juvenile probation orders are due to the fact our probation officers never, ever give up on a kid - and that is often the first time they have had contact with someone who cares about them and what they do, and won't turn their back regardless of circumstances.  Some young people are unfortunately so damaged we can do little, but a great deal of youth offending has a background of parental neglect and/or abuse, be it physical or the other type the forum probably won't let me type!

• Like 4