RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Same here Dominik - 39°C outside (the sensor isn't in the sun either) and 33°C inside.

Look on the bright side - just think how much you are saving on your electricity bill by not having air con! I've got air con - but it isn't switched on. It eats electricity like it's going out of fashion. Not one of my best purchases!

• RMweb Premium

Whoa - leaving the house around 4:30 felt like walking into a furnace. Not too much going on on the streets either. We also cut Albert's fur back a little as it was quite long in some areas. Trude's fur, however, is quite short, so she did not require this kind of treatment.

• RMweb Premium

Ok cleaver then kebab skewer then BBQ. Actually depending on whether or not it is a protected species. It might be a bit too much to expect Gordon to drag it out of the shrub and photograph it for us to identify it.

Got bored this afternoon, so unscrewed a few bits on my 9F and then one thing led to another.......

OK......Who is going to run the book on how many parts are lost / misplaced ? :P

With regard to the snake ... I always found a shovel / spade / rake was a suitable tool for irradication purposes :)

Cheers

PhilC

• RMweb Gold

If anyone really wanted to annoy Gordon they could add a few extra bits of wire or screws to the now CKD 9F. I started to dismantle an American Bachmann 4-6-0 before reading it was impossible. Even with an identical model to compare it to I couldn't see where some of the bits of piping came from.

I'm now back from the club barbecue and in a few minutes I'll be doing dinner but it won't take long as my wife had suggested I just get lots of Chinese food from Marks and Spencer yesterday as it wouldn't be nice to have to come home and cook after a day out playing with trains and eating.

I was very good and did notice that she had been to the hairdresser when I returned home. It is interesting that her hairdresser charges 6 times what mine does for a haircut. It must be because mine is next to Benfleet station and hers is next to Brentwood station.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Hmm - today's maximum temperature was 39.8° and the minimum from last night was 20.2 - though I guess tomorrow'll be another scorcher. They're saying it is to be slightly cooler by Tuesday, but then to heat up again from Wednesday onwards.

Gordon:

Anyone know the rules on moulded plugs? Piece of kit arrived yesterday with a moulded on Euro plug. Of course I can cut it off and fit a UK one, but I thought the law was that any mains appliance had to be supplied with a moulded plug suitable for the country of sale.

Not aware of any laws stating that the appliance has to have the appropriate plug, although most companies do provide adaptors.

If it is a 2 pin europlug, then an adaptor can be bought on which you open the back, place the europlug in and close the back to leave a UK 3 pin plug to go in the wall. Something like this will do the job.

Alternatively, if you are competent in wiring a plug, then that's equally OK!

HTH

Well it's 2am and I'm wide awake. Just been woken by the security light and the sight of two lads running across the gravel out of our driveway. Probably the same oiks as before, but I now believe they are nicking our logs from the pile next to the front wall of the house...angry.gif

Why anyone would want logs in this heatwave is beyond me..

We've been here since '95 and never had a problem, so it's a little irritating/unnerving.

I 'spect it's only a game to them. I just hope they grow up soon....

• RMweb Gold

Moring all

Looks like yet another beautiful day here. Already very warm. It can't last can it?

Gordon: Make some 'Beware of the Snake' signs.

Morning All,

No snakes here, and no dismantled 9F's. I have got a Bachmann 04 in bits in the cellar (if that counts) :lol: - It's never been the same since I chipped it.

As Dominik said, the weather here is just insane. It was still 28°C at midnight last night. I popped into town to watch the Germany game with friends and contemplated cycling home at eleven o'clock because it was actually pleasant by that time. In the end, I caught the train because of the time factor.

Time for some breakfast I think! Have a good day everyone...