The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning :icon_yawn: ...

So quiet 'round here... Mum will have a lot of guests tonight as she recently had her 60th birthday. Looking forward to a good dinner :) .

Other than that another round of preparation for those exams will be on the agenda :unsure: .

Later...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is quiet here as well. We were supposed to be going to lunch at my wife's sister's house today. My mother-in-law is off tomorrow to California for a month so it was supposed to be a bon voyage lunch. If my toothache hasn't started to ease I may stay at home. I'm sure they will send me a food parcel!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright on. Partook of a very fine curry from our local excellent restaurant last evening. That's not the reason I'm up early though. I'm designated navigator for the trip to Wycrail and I just realised I haven't noted down Gordon's address so I had to log on to the forums honest! Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Morning All,

Not really in the Early Riser category this morning - I decided to have a lay in. I seem to have been fighting something off over the past few days and so decided to take it easy this weekend to recover.

Have to wait and see though - apparently there is one case of Swine 'flu in Thomas' kindergarten. Honestly, you have never heard so much hysteria. Talk about the media hyping people up into a frenzy! No, it isn't pleasant, and yes it can kill vulnerable people - but it's no worse than "ordinary" 'flu. Heavens above! The advice is a little different to the advice being given in the UK. Here they are saying if you or your child get a fever, head straight to the Doctors.

I was hoping to go for a gentle cycle through the forest this morning, but there's no chance of that. It is chucking it down at the moment. Still, off to a friends Birthday party this afternoon - and that can't be rained off :P

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Good Morning everyone!

I hope that everyone has a good day wherever they are going! I'm presently writing this sat on the train as I go down to the West Sussex N Gauge Society Group's Exhibition at Lancing. Where here is Very sunny, no Oktas, and "The next station is Emsworth, this is coach 1 of 4" ! rolleyes.gif

• RMweb Premium

It is only a little snake at the moment so a small brush should suffice. He found out that it had cleaned it's self out under the heatmat and had to do some scrubbing of the vivarium instead. Toilets drains and litter trays have always fallen to me that is why I was so happy to watch.

• RMweb Premium

Morning ;) ...

Sunday again...probably a slow one again. Mum had her birthday party last night - food was provided by a caterer and very good indeed. I was well and truly exhausted when I eventually retired, though - so many people engaging in criss-crossing conversation is something which always gets to me.

Later :) .

Guest Max Stafford

For a special challenge try holding three criss-cross conversations at once... :blink: !

It makes your brain hurt very much! :P

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Not quite the same, but try holding 4 conversations at the same time on MSN messenger! That really does make your brain melt.

Morning Folks,

The family is coming over today which means we're not going anywhere so I can get on with some more modelling. It's only 8:45 yet i'm just about to start a mock up of a provender store to see if it would look OK on Calshot. Yesterday I got a cutting mat and some more DAS so I can finish off the castle. Then i'll have to find something else to do on Calshot - I need to think about making all the infilling flat and scribing out the slabs. I'm a bit reserved about spraying the whole of the infill with Plastikote spray in case it doesn't look as good as I want it. I suppose I can paint over it though... I guess it'll be hit or miss for Calshot today!

Anyway, enough about me, hope you have a great day whatever you're up to!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I'm not planning anything today!

The antibiotics seem to be working and although my tooth is still generating some discomfort the gums are almost normal so the extraction should be OK for Tuesday. My dentist won't extract teeth if he thinks it will hurt.

My wife and Matthew didn't bring back a doggie bag from lunch yesterday (I didn't go ) for me but my mother-in-law did send a bottle of whisky for me.

Tony

Belated Morning all!

but my mother-in-law did send a bottle of whisky for me.

Hope the tooth's soon better, but whisky and antibiotics sounds an interesting combination - how well do you get on with your MiL :icon_winker:

• RMweb Premium

For a special challenge try holding three criss-cross conversations at once... :blink: !

It makes your brain hurt very much! :P

Yeah, that's precisely what I mean. Much the same on Christmas at my grandparents' - they are well over eighty, which of course contributes to conversations with them being very strenuous. Not that I blame them for it.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Weather not looking too good and the wind from the East is a little on the chilly side. A day to stay in and do some modelling I feel. :)

Good day out yesterday with the Suvern Bad Boys. Wycrail was a good show, followed by a nice lunch and then back to Gordon's to play trains. All in fine company. Can't be bad.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Belated Morning all!

Hope the tooth's soon better, but whisky and antibiotics sounds an interesting combination - how well do you get on with your MiL :icon_winker:

I don't think she meant me to drink it all at once! The antibiotic I've been prescribed doesn't have a bad reaction with alcohol (unlike some, eg Metronidazole which certainly would). Actually I'll save the alcohol until later, as fortunately the pain is kept at bay with a couple of paracetamol. I'm sure the tooth will be much better when it is removed!

Tony