Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

To quote John Masefield:

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,

And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,

And a gray mist on the sea's face, and a gray dawn breaking.

:)

Or...

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

I left my shoes and socks there, I wonder if they're dry?

• RMweb Gold

Sorry Tony, it looks as though I have missed wishing you a good holiday. Much as I know you will be disappointed by this please don't let it stop you enjoying your holiday.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for all the good wishes chaps - will be back online to bother you ASAP

How is a lobotomy going to help the pains in your ankle?

Cheers

Dave

I don't think you can have a second one......

• RMweb Premium

Morning guys...

Dreamt something confusing which had to do with my being on an island (could have been Lanzarote or another one from the Canary Islands) and model railways. However, this would really not be the worst of combinations, would it? :lol:

So, here comes another weekend - hope you'll enjoy it!

Later... ;)

My first thought on waking today was "Lie in tomorrow!".

However, I will have to be up to go to the watchmaker for a battery for my watch.

It stopped at 1:50am on Tuesday morning, which confused the hell out of me when I looked at my watch to check leaving for work time.

Still cold and windy.

Tomorrow's forecast is clear but the wind will probably continue.

I hope the holiday makers are having a good time.

Guest Max Stafford

Aren't dreams weird? The night before last, I dreamt I was scraping black paint off a brass paperweight in Stalin's office with the arch-villain himself present. It was rather an incentive to do the job properly, as I remember...! :blink:

Dave.

Aren't dreams weird?

Absolutely!

I had one a couple of weeks ago about a Victorian funeral. I remembered so many little details (which is unusual for me) that it was almost uncanny. I wrote them all down, and a friend of mine who is a bit of an amateur psychologist came up with a wonderful interpretation which fitted most of the details and was incredibly relevant.

Having said that, maybe dreams are just the brains way of dumping garbage! :lol:

I rarely remember my dreams when I wake up - in fact, I rarely even remember having had any dreams. I do know I dreamt something last night, but have no idea what it was.

Roll on hometime tonight, when I begin my 16 day weekend! B) I'm going on an introductory rock-climbing course tonight after work, from 7 until 10. This is brave for me as I get a nosebleed standing on a thick carpet. Actually, I'm not quite that bad. I climbed Helvellyn last year. Mind you, when I was up the CN Tower in Toronto, I was very nervous of standing on the reinforced glass floor...

Morning from a bright and sunny East Hampshire! 21C already outside.

However, I'm puzzled. Since yesterday, I've had no notifications of posts here yet my settings are unchanged. Is everyone else getting theirs?

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all

Still odd to be spending quite so much time in one place - ie home, and not really able to get beyond the door. Never been housebound before, and it's very frustrating indeed. ANd the stairs are a real pain - takes ages to get up and down on your backside with the bad leg hanging down. Advice here - don't break your hip.

One very nice thing though was that as soon as my GP got the discharge papers from the hospital, he actually took the time to write to me, quite personally as well, to express his sympathy at my plight, and offering for me to have other tests as soon as I am mobile - to me that goes quite a bit beyond the normal call of duty, and actually I was quite touched by it.

Well, we're two down in ER's now and unable to get around as I believe Phil H went in this morning for his ankle surgery, and he's going to be out of it for about three months.

Starting with practice on the crutches tomorrow - Mrs 45156 decided she wanted to see how they work, and had a go, then said that they didn't seem to be right - for some reason she hadn't realised that they are sort of made to measure! :lol:

One little philosphical point - a couple of weeks ago, I had a couple of small problems, and a little voice inside me said "never mind, cheer up, as things could be worse", so I cheered up, and lo and behold, things did get worse.

One little philosphical point - a couple of weeks ago, I had a couple of small problems, and a little voice inside me said "never mind, cheer up, as things could be worse", so I cheered up, and lo and behold, things did get worse.

:rofl_mini: :laugh_mini2:

• RMweb Premium

Indeed, Don, it could be worse - I heard in hospital about a poor b*gg*r who managed to break both hips in a bike accident, and who was still sent home after 10 days!

• RMweb Premium

Gee, what's this world coming to? I just read a report describing how a man threatened his neighbour with a gun because she was mowing the lawn. He was later apprehended by the police who discovered he had a stash of illegal firearms in his basement, and was heavily drunk on top of that.

:blink::unsure: