The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I love autumn and winter.

He he he! :lol:

Actually, I like winter when it is like that - trouble is, it isn't like that!

Crisp cold clear mornings, which turn into days of sun and blue sky are beautiful - even if the temperature is -10?°C.

Trouble is, all we seem to get these days is Battleship grey Winters!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, quite a bright start to the day. So much I want to do, but once again I have to sell myself to the highest (only) bidder, Southern Water. I'm up the Test Valley today, some quite nice spots to visit so if the weather is reasonable it's not a bad day, plus the best bit - mostly there's no phone coverage so no one can get hold of me.

Reassembled the Barclay chassis last night with pick ups etc., only to find that the motor has died. Think I might give up on this project for a bit as I am seriously fed up with it now and it might just get hurled out of the window at some stage.

Whatever you're doing have a good day, especially the casualties.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sky is sort of blue-grey here at the moment but it is getting bluer. No illness to report but I think last night's butternut squash risotto caused some strange dreams. As a result of believing I was being chased by a were-panda I fell out of bed and hit my head on the bedside table. Apparently it was something to do with the cupboard under the stairs, which is odd as we don't have one.

Gordon, I hope your feet are OK, it sounds like the kind of thing I do.

Tony

Just to add to the list of casualties. There I was adding some shelves to another wardrobe yesterday, when I kicked over a box a screws. Only problem was I lost my balance and ended up standing on them. Not the thing to do in bare feet. Lifted my foot to find two screws sticking out of the sole of my foot. Jeez that hurt and I had to unscrew them to get them out. blink.gif

Not to be recommended....

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch! :wacko: :icon_e_confused: :icon_thumbsdown2:

I missed your post earlier Gordon - now that did make me wince!

I can imagine that being somewhat, er, uncomfortable...

Sky is sort of blue-grey here at the moment but it is getting bluer. No illness to report but I think last night's butternut squash risotto caused some strange dreams. As a result of believing I was being chased by a were-panda I fell out of bed and hit my head on the bedside table. Apparently it was something to do with the cupboard under the stairs, which is odd as we don't have one.

Dear, oh dear! We really are a bunch of casualties this morning.

A Were-panda! :icon_lol: Better stay off the butternut squash Tony.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one hereabouts as the oktas appear to be off to the East somewhere. Work day but it's broken up by a Chinese language class in the middle. It's something to do for a laugh! Off to the theatre this evening but being an old git I can't remember what it is I'm going to see. :unsure:

Ouch Gordon. Is that what you call screwing up big time?

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I don't seem to have a to-do list today (except for cooking dinner which will be goulash) so I think I will attempt to do some clearing in the garage. I did have a bicycle on a wall that I want to put shelves on. As I no longer seemed strong enough to lift the bike up I took it down (to be honest, let it fall) and replaced the brackets with a Lakeland bike-lift last weekend. I now have to work through the "that bit of wood may be useful one day" pile.

Tony

I don't seem to have a to-do list today (except for cooking dinner which will be goulash) so I think I will attempt to do some clearing in the garage. I did have a bicycle on a wall that I want to put shelves on. As I no longer seemed strong enough to lift the bike up I took it down (to be honest, let it fall) and replaced the brackets with a Lakeland bike-lift last weekend. I now have to work through the "that bit of wood may be useful one day" pile.

Tony

Why do you need shelves on a bike? ;)

Morning again, all! Sounds a painful experience with the screws!

I'm doing a passable impression of Johnny Vegas this morning. Have phoned in to work as I had a really disturbed sleep and am not feeling great... Time for another lemsip...

Belated Morning, all,

7.5 oktas seem to be on holiday today, leaving this side of Hampshire with a nearly clear sky. All leaks seem to have been fixed up there too. Temperature nearly into double figures; tropical!

Why do you need shelves on a bike? ;)

I'm glad you beat me to asking that one!

Time for another lemsip...

Watch out for the hidden paracetamol!

• RMweb Premium

Just read how a father in Michigan literally executed his 15 years old son after a heated argument. According to witnesses, he undressed him, frogmarched him onto the lawn and then shot him in the head, despite the son pleading for mercy.

Jesus, what is wrong with this world? :(

I didn't think he would appreciate any remarks about self tapper dancing either.

Are you Pozidrive we want to start on screw puns?!?

Just read how a father in Michigan literally executed his 15 years old son after a heated argument. According to witnesses, he undressed him, frogmarched him onto the lawn and then shot him in the head, despite the son pleading for mercy.

Jesus, what is wrong with this world? :(

Good God! I don't know is the short answer to your question.

I have a colleague who believes the punishment should fit the crime... Food for thought.

• RMweb Premium

I feel that if we keep on with all these screw puns this thread will spiral out of control. Of course it may just come to a head or slot in with all the other posts. Hope it doesn't make Mr Phillips cross.

I'm going now...

Cheers

Dave

or we may find ourselves (counter) sunk in the mire (without a washer for support, but plenty of nuts) with only grubs to eat. Unless we make a bolt for it and slot these cheese (head) puns into a suitable hole with a warp-scale pozidrive to clear the way rapidly for a new subject!