RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Looks like Max S. is going to cop it too. According to the local forecast, 4" of rain for Cumbria over the next twentyfour hours, followed by a month's rain over the following few days. ohmy.gif

Guest Max Stafford

Looks like Max S. is going to cop it too. According to the local forecast, 4" of rain for Cumbria over the next twentyfour hours, followed by a month's rain over the following few days. ohmy.gif

Too right, we had a right precipitary download last night about 3am as I was coming home from work. I've swapped shifts with the night man tonight as he's finishing for the weekend. I anticipate a even soggier 7am dogpaddle. The Eden has already started to overflow onto Rickerby Park and I suspect the city's new defences will be tested to the full over the next few days!

I'm glad I finish for the weekend at 3am on Friday.

hopefully...! :unsure:

On a drier note, I'll be having some fun in the modelling shed over the weekend. There seems to have been precious little opportunity of late! I think i'm due (S)a turn... ;)

Dave.

O

Morning All,

Another clear morning here - still mild for the time of year and no sign of the bad weather that the UK seems to be suffering from at the moment.

I hope that the storms have died down, and the raging torrents subsided.

Spoke to my parents last night - they are on their way over to see me, and crossed the channel yesterday in a force 10 gale. :icon_eek:

Apparently, it was a "bit bumpy"

Have a good day everyone! :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning :icon_yawn: ...

Overcast up here, but not hazy or anything, so long-distance vision is good. Hope it'll clear up even more later on - the sun yesterday really raised my mood.

Last few days of exam preparations, too... :icon_neutral:

Hope all is well with you guys that are suffering the worst of the weather at the moment. Must be horrendous being there and seeing floodwaters rise without being able to do much. I cannot imagine how stressful it must be for those close to rivers or in low lying areas. Still windy here, but thankfully dry at the moment.

Having been flooded twice before (one in a previous house) one assumes a sort of fatalistic outlook.

I have taken certain precautionary measures - including a 6" deep concrete slab on which the Sun Room is built to protect the back.

If my calculations are correct, any flood water should be diverted to the side of the property and thereafter run downhill in the road.

Previous experience suggests that, once the bank overflows, the water in full flow tends to take the path of least resistance - ie down the mountain.

North Wales BoD.

I made one design error - I made the door opening outwards to maximise inside space.

Now it's sandbagged there is no rear exit!.

There is already flooding in several nearby villages. (Nearby in rural terms is within a half hour drive).

Good Morning All!

Well! It's Friday! - Or at least, as good as a Friday here for me! biggrin.gif I'm taking a "Warley Long Weekend" laugh.gif So knocking off from the office today and not back until Tuesday.

I hope everyone located up North, in Wales and South West Scotland are all OK, the weather men are saying they're going to get some quite severe rain in the next 48 hours or so...

Is everyone still on for the 1300 meet on Saturday at stand K1 ?? unsure.gif

Eek, that's some weather forecast... Good luck Dd, hope the diversion works, should the waters rise that far.

Getting light here, steady but not too heavy rain.

Noisy neighbours kept me awake a little longer than I'd hoped last night but otherwise not too bad a night's sleep. Time to find some tea. Managed to survive a full working day yesterday but only by dint of constant hot sweet tea flowing over my vocal cords!!

Morning all, from a very overcast but dry Manchester.

Some unsual things have been going on at work. As some of you may know i work at a small independant DIY store.

On tuesday there was an almighty crash the boss (my uncle) and i ran to investigate, thankfully there were no customers in otherwise we may have had a couple of heart attacks the crash was that loud. What we found was a 3" G clamp roughly 4' away from where it should have been. blink.gif

Ok so some of you may think well it just fell off the peg, but the peg in question is wide enough so that we have to jam the clamps on to it, and take a bit of pressure to remove them.

the second incident was yesterday. A 4" roller and tray sert was sent crashing across the aisle. now this needed to clear a 2" lip on the self.

These incidents got us chatting the boss simply said "he's back" "who?"

Apparently a former owner of the building (built 1923) hung himself in the basement...

So those feelings of being watched when no one is in the shop now kinda make sense, not sure i like it though

I'm not sure i want to be on my own in the shop after dark now!

Anyway spook story over have a great day!

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

Dry and breezy here. We have just had a visit from the window cleaner so I suppose I'll have to clean the inside glass soon as I can't use the excuse of thing the marks are on the outside.

I hope all the flood defences work. Parts of Benfleet are very low and ,if it were not for the seawalls, would flood. Not long after we moved here (late 1970s) the seawall was significantly built up to protect from the kind of conditions that flooded Canvey Island in the 1950s.

Tony

Anyone see the "Ratner" moment this morning on the news?

The CEO of a company that services retirement homes and had been accused of increasing charges, shot himself in the foot by saying letters of complaint were from "a few serial complainers and not dribbling geriatrics"......Classic.biggrin.gif

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Full set of oktas in place but fortunately not leaking. Virtual Friday for me as well as I'll be at Warley all weekend helping/hindering with County Gate.

Good to see the care home industry has an aura of respect and caring running all the way to the top of the management chain. :blink:

Cheers

Dave (not yet dribbling but at times feeling geriatric)