The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Hello, it is frosty, bright and sunny here.

My neighbours return from holiday later this morning so I've just been round to put their heating on. They have been to Jamaica so I suspect they may notice a slight difference in temperature.

Nothing too exciting planned for today although I've got to be on chauffeur duty this afternoon. My wife will be coming home early as she has to be driven to the clinic to have her retinas photographed and isn't allowed to drive afterwards.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Urghhh, man flu.

Lots to do but I don't think it will get done today. I don't normally have too much trouble with colds but I seem to have picked up a doozy this time. Looks awful cold outside.

Cheers

Dave

Wonderful bright, clear morning here in the south east. Bit parky outside, but apart from a supermarket trip later I don't plan to go out. Job for today, repair and rebuild my site DAB radio into a much stronger case as it was damaged yesterday in the back of the van. Might add an extra speaker and build an amp module as well so it works in stereo.

Guest Max Stafford

Nice 'happy' winter weather up here too. Clear and bright with white frost everywhere. It really makes this time of year much more bearable! Still off today, but I'll be popping into the station for a debrief on the 'train from Hell' incident back on the 6th - you really can't beat the unbridled swiftness up upper-level officialdom...! ;)

Have a good day everybody, and behave yourself Gordon. On the razz on a Tuesday night - have a word...! :lol:

Dave.

Hello, it is frosty, bright and sunny here.

My neighbours return from holiday later this morning so I've just been round to put their heating on. They have been to Jamaica so I suspect they may notice a slight difference in temperature.

Nothing too exciting planned for today although I've got to be on chauffeur duty this afternoon. My wife will be coming home early as she has to be driven to the clinic to have her retinas photographed and isn't allowed to drive afterwards.

Tony

Tell her to take very dark sunglases and a baseball hat - otherwise she will probably be riding home with her eyes closed - speaking from experience!

• RMweb Gold

Tell her to take very dark sunglases and a baseball hat - otherwise she will probably be riding home with her eyes closed - speaking from experience!

I once had the pupils fully dilated for an eye examination in the middle of summer on a really bright day. It still was painful even with the sunglasses and hat. My wife has booked the last session of the day so hopefully it will be getting dark. Though if the weather deteriorates there could be nasty reflections from the snow! I shall take sunglasses though even though my wife always insists she doesn't need them! The one time I don't is certain to be the time she starts looking through the glove box for some!

Best wishes

Tony

Yeah, I made that kind of mistake myself a couple of years ago <_< .

Been there, done that too!

I walked home as I wasn't allowed to drive - and it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences! Fortunately, I did have my sunglasses and was quite amused by the funny looks I got wearing sunglasses on a relatively gloomy day. B)

• RMweb Premium

My wife will be coming home early as she has to be driven to the clinic to have her retinas photographed and isn't allowed to drive afterwards.

I too have been there, Tony, as I need to have this procedure carried out every year as part of my annual diabetes checks and I do not react too well to the drops. I agree that sunglasses are a good idea, as even a little sunlight and fully dilated pupils is a very unpleasant experience.

Weather has been pretty good here considering what has been promised, and I took advantage of this and turned out to Kendal for a wander round. I also went to the doc this morning, and have a probable return to work date of 13th December, as she said I'm still getting too tired too quickly, and it would be safer to have more time to recuperate.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold
as she said I'm still getting too tired too quickly, and it would be safer to have more time to recuperate.

Lucky man Stewart - the last doctor I saw after my op couldn't wait to get me back to work.

I'm on call this week, still supposedly on 'light' duties. Last night I drove 163 miles.

My ankle hurts a lot.

• RMweb Premium

My ankle hurts a lot.

I'll bet it does, Phil - I've now been told to expect pain for at least a year to 18 months more, and then after that, possibly if I still experience discomfort, provided the joint is fully repaired, then they will perform an operation to remove the plate and screws.

• RMweb Premium

I walked home as I wasn't allowed to drive - and it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences! Fortunately, I did have my sunglasses and was quite amused by the funny looks I got wearing sunglasses on a relatively gloomy day. B)

You should have worn black clothes, leather boots and coloured your hair black as well, and I'm sure it'd have been perfectly fine! :D

• RMweb Gold

You should have worn black clothes, leather boots and coloured your hair black as well, and I'm sure it'd have been perfectly fine! :D

I was told to wear sunglasses if it is at all bright due to the pterygium growing on my eye but I still feel stupid walking round with sunglasses in the winter!