The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Of course, the downside of that is that you get the dregs of the appointments.

True enough, but our GP system will only let you book two visits online, and as I often have a nurse appointment and a health worker appointment already booked well in advance for my diabetes, that means that to get a GP appointment, I need to cancel something and then book the Dr instead. Then the system won't rebook the special appointments as that appointment book is not available online!

As to getting a better appointment online, the system often says all appointments are booked and to ring on the day.

• RMweb Gold

True enough, but our GP system will only let you book two visits online, and as I often have a nurse appointment and a health worker appointment already booked well in advance for my diabetes, that means that to get a GP appointment, I need to cancel something and then book the Dr instead. Then the system won't rebook the special appointments as that appointment book is not available online!

As to getting a better appointment online, the system often says all appointments are booked and to ring on the day.

Our GP surgery seem to have dealt with the appointment problem by building an extension and employing more GPs and nurses.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It would seem to be quite frosty outside as the outside sensor says -3.5°. Another trip to the furniture house may be on the agenda today. But first I'll need some breakfast!

Have a pleasant day everyone! ;)

Morning All,

Don't rub it in Don ;)

It is not weather for going to the beach here - the temperature is around -3.5°C.

However, it is a clear day, so we have blue sky and there should be some sunshine once the sun gets up properly.

Have a good day everyone...

Dear Don,

please send us some of your excess heat. Just 8-10 degrees worth would be nice. We're more than happy to pay the postage and packing costs.

signed, Frozen of Bexleyheath. B)

In other news, not much happening again. Off to the Erith exhibition in Dartford shortly. I have next week off to get some work done around the house. Yawn.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,I shall scrape a bit of frost of the old Volvo for the last time as we are going to pick up Mrs B's motability car a Zafira. First time we have had a brand new car and as discussed on the company car thread I am looking forward to worry free motoring as much as twice the mpg.

Hi, everybody.

Haven't been cut off just rather busy the last few days.

We had a further 18" inches of snow early Thursday morning, snow on snow! We were doing well until we got 12" in two hours (incl.Thundersnow) now my berms alongside the driveway are up to my shoulders (I'm 5' 10") because underneath is still the snow from the Boxing Day Blizzard. Expecting a further 2" today (nothing) and another storm next Wednesday into Thursday.

The problem becomes where to put the snow? Infrastructure still fine, roads all cleared (Newark Airport had to close between 4:00am and 1:00pm last Thursday).

We need a couple of tenths of snow to become the snowiest month ever in New York history.....count yourselves lucky if you live in temperate climes.........

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Went to the supermarket today, and decided to take a bit of time out to visit The Train Shop in Morecambe just to have a look and reserve a couple of items from the announced releases from Hornby. Unfortunately, he also had a few sale items in the shop, and one of these fitted well into my chosen modelling era and region, so as well as over a hundred quid's worth of shopping, I also came home with a rebuilt Patriot, brand new, boxed with all the bits enclosed, for £50.00. Luckily the other locos left in his sale were a Class 90 and an LMS single wheeler, so it wasn't as expensive as it could be.

However, I did discover that Richard is hoping to spend more time with his family, and will be opening shorter weeks later this year, and will not be opening Mondays or Tuesdays (he already closes on Wednesdays). So if you hope to visit him if in North Lancashire, it will need to be on Thursday - Saturday, or ring him to make sure he's there.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

I suppose I'm fortunate, I am allowed in my wife's car but the dog isn't!

I don't have that fortune - no wife's car, and dog, wife, shopping, and 45156 all go in the same vehicle, often at the same time!

Mind you, no wife's car = no extra insurance bills, no extra maintenance bills, no extra petrol bills, no extra road tax - I suppose life has its advantages.

• RMweb Gold
Mind you, no wife's car = no extra insurance bills, no extra maintenance bills, no extra petrol bills, no extra road tax - I suppose life has its advantages.

I've found that if you lose the wife as well as her car, the list grows B)

• RMweb Premium

Talk about a blast from the past...found a big box full of old Mickey Mouse magazines from the late 80s and early 90s up in the loft :lol: . I actually was having a look at a post-2000 Donald Duck pocket book a while ago, and found it quite interesting how both drawing style and themes of those comics have changed. In fact, I was quite shocked to see Huey, Dewey and Louie with chav style clothing in that book! :O <_<

• RMweb Gold

I've found that if you lose the wife as well as her car, the list grows B)

I'd be in a rather poor state without my wife as she is the one who goes out to work and keeps me in the manner to which one is accustomed to!

• RMweb Gold

Talk about a blast from the past...found a big box full of old Mickey Mouse magazines from the late 80s and early 90s up in the loft :lol: . I actually was having a look at a post-2000 Donald Duck pocket book a while ago, and found it quite interesting how both drawing style and themes of those comics have changed. In fact, I was quite shocked to see Huey, Dewey and Louie with chav style clothing in that book! :O <_<

Were they your magazines or left from a previous house occupant? What do you call chavs in Germany?

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It's quite cold again at close to -5°, but predicted to be sunny for the rest of the day. Not quite sure what I'll be doing today, though.

Were they your magazines or left from a previous house occupant? What do you call chavs in Germany?

These were my magazines – I had completely forgot we had kept them!

As for chavs – there are various terms you could use, two of those I am aware of being either "Lan" (with long "a") or "checker". This may but depend on the speaker.

Have a pleasant Sunday all!