Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Thanks a bunch smarty pants,,,,...:-)

This dongle needs a good seeing to....Nurse!

I'm much improved and who knows, I may get time off for good behaviour. Still on a drip with 7hr 36min to go...

What joys have you guys got lined up for the weekend?

• RMweb Gold

Nothing that involves nurses and dongles that's for sure.

Weather is really foul here (it's forecast to turn wintry later) so, as I have a week off, I may well prepare the loft for a concerted track laying effort.

There are a couple of football matches on the box that may get in the way though. Do these new fangled hospital systems have access to the pay for view or is it still some bloke sitting in a broom cupboard doing hospital radio?

Morning all. I seem to remember when Paula was in hospital after Jamie was born she refused to get one of those tv/phone things as they were charging an arm and a leg. I think instead we borrowed a portable DVD player from my parents.

Looks wet outside but I've not been to examine it fully.

Pleased to see you've retained your sense of humour Gordon!

Morning All,

Reading the medical histories on here, makes me realise just how lucky I have been so far.

Thanks for the laugh DD - I have this image in my mind of you doing a "Barney Rubble" with that bowling ball :lol:. I haven't been bowling for years - ironically it takes me back to Basildon again. A group of us used to rent an alley on Friday or Saturday nights from midnight to 3am when it was at its cheapest.

The weather is a little grey around here this morning. However, it is not raining so I might get out later.

Glad you are maintaining your sense of humour Gordon - what with all this talk of nurses and dongles, it sounds like you are having a high old time in there. Keep your ###### up Keep smiling - you'll be out soon. (This forum software must be American :P)

Have a good day everyone...

♬ Tears on my pillow .. ♬

♬ The wind beneath my wings ♬

♬ Bits and pieces ♬

♬ Where are they now ♬

♬ Show me the way to go home ♬

♬ Sisters ... ♬

I forgot the usual Gotham weather............

Under a High Wind Advisory today until midnight with gusts threatened of up to 60mph. Funny thing is that the skies are clear and beautiful right now. We seem to get plenty of wind now - when I first came here I used to scoff that they don't know what wind is - I should have kept my trap shut. the National Weather service warned of bringing in patio furniture - if I could find any under the snow residue I would.

They so many degrees of warning here that it is confusing. The next county over to me (Somerset - sic) is under a High Wind Warning; as it starts about three miles from my house I can't believe the weather is much different. Oh, well I hope the power stays on.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

In answer to Gordon's question about what we'll be doing this weekend. I've just returned from a trip to the garage where I've glued three bits of styrofoam together and covered the top piece in cork ready for track to go down whenever the solvent free adhesive sets. I'm trying to use as little wood as I can this time, for lack of skill reasons rather than environmental reasons.

Those of you who do your modelling in sheds may be interested in the advice in this link.

I don't think it is going to stop raining so I'm just off to take Robbie out anyway.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all...

Good to hear things are beginning to get better, Gordon!

I myself am still rollercoastering through all kinds of feelings, though realizing this is quite normal after this kind of event does help me a lot – seeing how I would else tend to indulge in worrying about my well-being. On a positive note, I also managed to get started with my essay earlier this week, and have arrived at six pages this afternoon – the target being between ten and 20.

Cheers, guys...

Afternoon All,

The little guy and I have spent some time on the layout this afternoon. However, we are both starting to realise that we have done just about everything we shouldn't have done. I now know why the 6'x4' is considered to be so impractical.

My original idea was to have 6'x4' so Thomas could have trains chasing their tails. Having watched him though, he prefers shunting trains from one siding to another rather than watching them go round and round.

I set about trying to mount point motors this afternoon, and discovered another issue - chipboard is terrible stuff for getting screws into. I probably should have mounted the point motors straight on the points and cut larger holes in the baseboard. Oh well, we live and learn.

We are umming and ahhing about dismantling the layout and building an L-shaped one which will prevent having to crawl under the layout to get to the other side.

Decisions, decisions...

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Just got home after taking the dog to the groomers, then going on to Kendal for a mooch round and have spent some time catching up on this medical reminiscences website model railway forum. Interesting to see the comments about the cost of hospital TV/Phone/Radio/Internet. I bought it in bulk (10 days worth) and it worked out a lot cheaper, and the phone included free calls to 01/02/03 destinations, though it wouldn't call 0845 or mobiles at all - but making outbound calls was a lot easier than it used to be when the phone was on a trolley with a couple of hundred feet of cable. Mrs 45156 called my a couple of times with urgent matters, and that's where the real cost is - inbound calls were charged at 42p per minute off peak, and 52p per minute in peak times.

Dominik - the feelings you're getting are totally normal, so don't even think about beating yourself up about them - we all get them at times like this - and from personal experience, they DO pass, though you won't think so right now. It's all part of being human.

Sounds like you're turning a corner now, Gordon so hopefully you'll be home soon, and can start to properly recuperate.

I know just how being on a ward feels, with the late lights out, noises in the night, and early rises. I found that having the TV set to one of the 24 hour radio stations, with the volume set just to barely audible, and then sticking the headphones on was a good way to filter out the extraneous noises, and in the event that you are awake, at least you're listening to something else.

Seems we missed the latest snow by about a hundred feet in height, as there was some lying on the hills on the way North.

Again managed to do a walk round the town, including some steps down into the coffee shop, without the need to use my crutches -good news.

Got a few days off next week, so may well be AWOL on ER's/RMWeb, so I'll catch up with everybody as and when I can.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Just got home after taking the dog to the groomers, ...

That's one thing we don't have to do with Robbie. A hose down and brush is all he has ever needed. He spent a weekend with my friend who is a dog groomer and was very good sitting and watching the other dogs but didn't partake of the experience!

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

First of all best wishes to you Gordon. Hope you're back firing on all cylinders soon. You, Larry and Beast are making me grateful for my still essentially good health and I'm doing all I can to maintain it these days, so thanks for the front-line accounts boys, they've been a great motivator.

I think I'll go and do some modelling in the shed now.

Abi's fast asleep next to me on her blanket on the settee! Have a good day lads!

Dave.

post-6676-0-66220200-1298127749_thumb.jpg