RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I assume there must've been a downhill somewhere along the way!

Just a general tip: never assume anything, for to assume is to make an ass of u and me! However, I do see your point! :icon_lol:

Sounds like AndrewC used to live in an MC Escher painting... :D

One of my colleagues came in today and said it was -6C in Lauder (about an hour's drive south of Edinburgh). His internal thermostat's knackered, though. He was saying it was nice after the heatwave we've been having...

Sounds like AndrewC used to live in an MC Escher painting... :D

true!

One of my colleagues came in today and said it was -6C in Lauder (about an hour's drive south of Edinburgh). His internal thermostat's knackered, though. He was saying it was nice after the heatwave we've been having...

not related to this guy by any chance? Wim Hof

• RMweb Gold

An interesting concept - up hill there and uphill back! :icon_lol:

Perhaps Andrew's school was on the other side of a valley! I used to have a choice of the shorter hilly way to school or the longer more level way. My son prefers to catch the bus to college (uphill) and walk home (downhill). We don't really have too many hills on our bit of the Thames Riviera. The hill start bit of the driving test isn't quite as difficult here!

Tony

Hi cold looking Jam, walking uphill Andrew, and all other ERs.

Another lovely day. I have been invited to two Christmas do's - That means about 20 Christmas presents - ages ranging from 2 yrs to 80 yrs. I don't mind the expense but WHAT to get for each is straining my brain. Unfortunately none are train related. Booze, books and smelly stuff will do for the adults, but what to buy for teen agers (one girl and one boy) I haven't a clue! I plan to go to a mall I know this Saturday. It's relatively small and I know where the shops I like are situated but it is still tiring! It has a smoking allowed restaurant, so I'll stop in there for breakfast half way through. I am NOT looking forward to the expedition!

Morning all,

Bit warmer this morning - a whole 8C! :icon_wow:

However, to get this, it looks like a full set of oktas have moved in overnight and, as is their habit of late, been leeking all over the place.

IIRC, there was a question about edits and smilies emoticions earlier - I found that if I didn't put a space either side of the emoticion but then edited the post, the emoticon reverted to its text form; buffering them with a space seems to get round that.

Morning All,

Another pretty chilly morning - about 6?°C, but there is a bitter wind this morning which makes it feel colder. It is supposed to get colder still tomorrow, so perhaps we will have frost too.

I will be spending most of the day in a training course.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning :icon_yawn: ...

Just about 4?° up here. Dreamed something weird about my digging for gold in California or some other place like that - well, I wish I would, as a matter of fact! :icon_lol:

Later :) .

• RMweb Premium

Just came across a piece of news which reported that a woman in Honduras gave birth to her child in a hearse. She was on her way to the hospital when she lost consciousness just outside the local mortuary, whose staff came to her aid. Mother and child are well, apparently.

Still - it is an odd place for a birth, is is not? :blink:

• RMweb Gold

You won't have long to wait as you are running late and the Inverness train is on time. Got your running spikes with you? Or does Scotrail still hold connections as they all used to in the olde days?

Missed our few days in Inverness this year as our friends went off to North America. I envy you the cold crisp mornings...and the beautiful scenery of course.

Good to hear the possibility of good news Mick. Fingers crossed..

Mind that sunshine Don.

good morning alll!

its a sterotypical manchester morning cold and damp.

i'm not looking forward to today as i'm running the shop and the fella that will be working with me doesn't like being asked to do anything. so i'm gonna be run ragged with silly questions from him and customers. ATM no one in south manchester seems to have any common sense.

ah well these things are sent to try us, must keep smiling.

best of luck mick.

john dmj my mum taught me that one, i now live by it.

hope everyone has a great day

Yep, we got stuck behind a slow, late coal train at Larbert! Fortunately the Inverness train was to leave from the same platform as the Edin-Dunblane dropped me at, so we're now running late too.

Good news, the tea trolley's been.

Starting to get a bit lighter now, there's snow on the ground between Dunblane and Perth.