The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Rota day off today, so why do I feel so p'd off?

Well, I've got to work tomorrow instead, but I think that it's been a bit of a wasted day so far, as I spent most of it in town as 30747 had to take back even more clothes that she got for the forthcoming wedding, and which "don't suit" - thank goodness I just need a suit, shirt and tie. Then it was a trip for food shopping - most odd in a way. I had a voucher for 5p a litre off Morrison's petrol due to my spend in the food shop, and a £5.00 shopping voucher for the Morrison's supermarket gained because of my spend in the Morrison's petrol station - odd or what?

30747 has now disappeared to art class, and left a few jobs to do, with the warning "not to stay too long on that model railway webite" - well what she don't know don't hurt her.

Nice to see Moo back again after a long absence. Welcome back mate. I'll avoid the puns for today.

Regards to All

Stewart

Well, it's still looking quite sunny and pleasant outside! Think I'll wander up to the leisure centre and go swimming in ~30. Then after that the boys are coming round for a night of film and xbox.

Work today was pretty much the same as always - namely, pants. :( On the plus side, weekend!

Must go raid the shops for stuff for my mum tomorrow - seeing as I managed to misplace her birthday a week and a bit ago... Whoops!

The way I see the tuition fees situation is very simple: these days, students are actually better off than I was in a sense - the tuition fee loan is really not something to worry about, since it never becomes overdue and is only paid back when you're earning enough to do so. In my day, I may have had only £1100 a year in tuition fees, but it was *not* covered by a student loan so I had to actually pay it!

EDIT: Oh hey, looks like i can't remember timetables. Swimming is only from 1930, so can't due to when my friends are coming over. Damn.

Well it snowed all morning in Gotham City - pretty hard too with those big floating flakes. Luckily none of it stuck.

Don't gloat. In about two weeks we'll be back in the '70's I'll be back in shorts (and mowing the bloody lawn...................).

Best , Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Just about getting light out here and I think I shall get some coffee now. We'll most likely be on the road later on, and perhaps have a barbecue for dinner.

Cheers!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Dull and grey here..... but it's Saturday.

Just a couple os sets of exam papers to matk then I can relax. Should manage that by about Sunday evening.

Then it's Monday again.

Enjoy it Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, quite bright here but rain is forecast for later. Happy retirement Dave, but you didn't have to drink all the booze allowance yourself!

I'm a bit out of step with the rest of the world, working outside I'm more than happy to stay in for the weekend. This weekend I shall be mainly having a go at making a double slip for Bodge City, watching sport on the tv - oh and drinking beer and the half price bottle of Taylor's port which it would have been very rude to leave on the shelf of the local Co-op.

Have a good one everybody!

Good Morning,

(I'd say good mooning too, but I can't be arsed :rolleyes:)

It is a very nice day here today - blue sky and sunshine with a Spring feel in the air. Unfortunately, my mood doesn't match the weather - Still, it's the weekend so shouldn't grumble.

Have a good one everybody...

Morning all. Today's major task is to raid the shops in town for suitable gifts for my mother. i may have to resort to gift vouchers and chocolate, because I am useless at buying presents...

I think we can probably survive without photos of that moon. Full, partial, or inverse...

Oh hey, the postwoman arrived. And brought my a second hand controller and power supply!

Time to chuck a few old pieces of track on my desk and discover if any of the ancient locos work...

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Nice and sunny here. I had a slow journey up to Leicester yesterday but the return journey wasn't too bad, perhaps Matthew's stories about student life helped pass the time. I'll take him to the garden centre later as his mum likes plants for presents and I suspect a clematis to replace one that didn't survive the winter would be a good choice.

Tony