RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Mornin' all. Just popping in after a month hiatus.

Now sit back relax and I'll update you on my last month's activities.

Nothing happened.

That is all. Carry on.

Off for the last fag in the Garden then to Bed!

Hopefully I'll be able to post some interesting photos later this week for people interested in US Prototype (for modelling). Saturday I got some stuff from details of an SD40-2 (incl. close ups of bogies) to local housing in towns of New Jersey and Pennsylvania - This I feel is important to differentiate between the generic US plastic kits to what is actually really around today in these old railroad towns.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - glad to see Monday for once. I'm on call this week and the weekend has been a tad full on. Off now till 16-30, but it's going to be a busy week with a lot of boring, mundane housekeeping stuff to do.

No fun this week!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, All the oktas seem to be in place again. No work and no SWMBO for 4 days, there must be potential in this situation. Nothing notable seems to have happened on my birthday apart from Apollo 11 returning to earth. No dictators born either just Jennifer Lopez.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

On the plus side Dave, J-Lo although lacking the status of international tyrant, does have some authority in her world and frequently displays the baubles and trappings of Imperial power!

Dave.

Guest Max Stafford

That's interesting, Pete. I also have "Kind of Blue" and Abi invariably stretches out contentedly on her big cushion when I play it. Perhaps they should sell this album in pet stores! Anyway why ain't you in bed? Had a 3am freakout again?

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

I suspect Robbie prefers Bach but today he had a choice of Foo Fighters or Alison Krauss. We listened to the latter.

the sort of music for driving around Manhattan on a wet night, you might try Basildon.....

I don't do much driving at night now but Basildon at night's main attraction is known locally as Bas Vegas and with Basildon's homage to the Hollywood sign it must see the US as being inspirational!

Tony

BASILDON - Gateway to Leigh on Sea.

That must be the Basildon Hill - it looks suspiciously like a terraformed garbage dump.................

TERRAFORMING - tested in Basildon for use on Mars..............

Best, Pete.

That's interesting, Pete. I also have "Kind of Blue" and Abi invariably stretches out contentedly on her big cushion when I play it. Perhaps they should sell this album in pet stores! Anyway why ain't you in bed? Had a 3am freakout again?

Dave.

Went to bed at 3:00am up at 6:00 am - my turn for school run, they start at 8:00am here.........................have you tried to get a fourteen year old girl to get ready in less than two hours?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

- it looks suspiciously like a terraformed garbage dump.................

TERRAFORMING - tested in Basildon for use on Mars..............

The Wat Tyler Country Park down at Pitsea is reclaimed ground fill. It was a bit grim when it first opened but is quite a nice place to walk now. Lots of reed beds and wading birds. A taxi driver I know moved down to this area after visiting it frequently during his first career as a lorry driver delivering landfill from London to Canvey as part of the sea wall project.

When Matthew was younger we used to go to Bas Vegas (The Festival Leisure Park) quite a lot to see whatever film was on (it always seemed to be Pokemon!). If Matthew wants to go the cinema he goes to Southend as he can get there by bus whereas the cinema complex in Basildon doesn't seem to be serviced by buses.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

My dog loves Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue" - which is the sort of music for driving around Manhattan on a wet night, you might try Basildon............

Funny...one song I've always associated with driving around big cities at night would be Alanis Morissette's "The Couch."

• RMweb Premium

Morning all – wet and slightly windy this morning, though it does not actually look unpleasant. I do hope this means I will not have any significant problems with pollen for the next several days. Class again later on, so I best get those other errands done before I head out.

Have a good one everyone...

Being laid up with just a credit card and a computer for company is a dangerous situation to be in. Particularly when you have a hidden love for those big and really unusual US locos (who said size doesn't matter). A 4-12-2 will certainly test my point making skills....:blink:

I was doing well and completely warding off the temptation until this video was spotted on YouTube which completely finished me off. The possibility to recreate a real tail chaser as per the Tehachapi Loop, was just too much and the new baby is due this morning. Hopefully the nice man from UPS will be here today as promised.........B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4S4dqhJNfI

A link to the ECML and LNER? Even better.....

Well that one half of the justification. Come to think of it, I thought I saw one go through Wood Green in the '60's, but I could be wrong.....:rolleyes:

Edit: Is it me but are there shades of an A4 sound in there?

Morning All,

I'm away on business at the moment - and I fear I have come down with something into the bargain :angry:

I had the worst nights sleep I have had for ages last night. Now I have to sit through an all day meeting. Tonight it was planned to go and eat Sushi with colleagues - I don't think I am going to be doing that, I don't think I could take it :blink:

The weather has deteriorated too. Yesterday evening, we sat outside in short sleaves. This morning, it's throwing it down with rain and freezing cold! It is all too easy to forget we are only in April.

Have a good day everyone...