RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Got a pretty quick answer there:

Yes, I've just been clearing up droppings - it's the mess you Early Risers make. ;)

All that matters now is if you have one dropping (less than 30 posts) or two droppings (more than 30 posts) - this relates to qualifications for Classifieds access (the 30 post restriction is temporarily waived at the moment though - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/34-classifiedtrading-rules/page__view__findpost__p__2627 )

Morning all....

Still bumbling my way around our new home....(that is when it is working)

Working from home today as company vehicle is in for a service....Well that started yesterday and they just called me to say most likely Monday as the oil pipe that leaks is not in stock. I don't think they were all too pleased with my quick fix of a piece of flexible brake line and a jubilee clip. Didn't have the heart to tell them that had worked OK for 1000 miles.

Have a good day folks

• RMweb Gold

Would someone care to explain what an okta is?

I'd say good morning, but it's not morning here, and I doubt it will be in the UK either pretty soon.

Okta: How cloudy it is 0 okta = clear 8 okta totally cloudy. There is a wikipedia article on how to make your own okta measurer from a mirror on the ground which doesn't seem a sensible place to put a mirror if it is really cloudy.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Ah, thought it was something like that but wasn't overly sure. Thanks.

Fortunately it isn't necessary to drop the okta device over your left shoulder unlike a quadrat where apparently it is a good technique to do so.

Tony

Okta: How cloudy it is 0 okta = clear 8 okta totally cloudy.

Also, according to Wikipedia, 9 oktas (yes, I know that means 9/8!) implies low lying cloud or swirling mist!!

• RMweb Premium

Just read that a scrap dealer in Bavaria who had been contracted by a customer to dispose one of his two cars picked up the wrong car. The owner noticed the error only when it was too late, but the scrapper paid him twice the value of said car by way of compensation. I don't believe he made much of a profit from that deal, though! :lol:

I had to scrape ice off the windscreen at 5:30 and a friend tells me that the lowest temperature round here was -2 at 7:20!

Winter draws on!

Are you and I actually in the same country ?? It was 7c when I left home and cycled in at 0645 this morning!! biggrin.gif Yo be honest though, I'm glad it wasn't -2c... unsure.gif

Are you and I actually in the same country

We're even in the same county!! My source of temperature is, however, near Liphook in what is described as a 'frost pocket'! (He's got one of these computerised weather monitoring stations that takes readings every few minutes or so!)

• RMweb Premium

I had to scrape ice off the windscreen at 5:30 and a friend tells me that the lowest temperature round here was -2 at 7:20!

Winter draws on!

You are not alone at 7.55 this morning I was clearing thin ice from the windscreen, up earlier tomorrow I think.

• RMweb Gold

Eight and a bit oktas here so I don't think we'll have any frost here tonight, although the car's thermometer did read 0 this morning when I went through our local frost pocket.

• RMweb Gold

It isn't likely to freeze here yet. Frost sensitive plants are still out. Tonight the temperature is forecast to fall to 9C. I think this part of Essex is the opposite of a frost pocket. So far though my wife has resisted buying a banana plant for the back garden.

Tony

Morning all, although I haven't yet been to bed - just gotten back from a trainspotting run to Newport, South Wales! Only saw EWS 66089:angry:. Still, the boss is happy; the stuff I had to deliver there arrived safely!

Several cars I noticed parked around Winchester (24hr Tesco comes in handy!) looked a bit 'condensed up' but didn't look solid. My outdoors thermometer is reading 9.5C just now and I can't see any big lumps of mishapen cheese or twinkly things in the sky meaning there must be oktas about so looks we're well lagged on top to keep the temperature up overnight!

I'm off to bed soon, then we'll find out what the rest of today has in store. Ain't life full of surprises?

Morning all

Can't sleep.. so thought I would get up. Been fine and warm in London but raining this morning, so not looking forward to frost and really cold mornings. Might even need to break out winter jumper! I feel much better so either the lurgy symptoms have gone or I never had them at all. Another 66 hums by on NLL and the clock ticks onto 0445 :(

Anyway, got to get niece a birthday present and a trip out to Oxford tomorrow to deliver for birthday as don't trust post..

hagd

t.