The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Those Frignes are on my list of must see places.

I understand they are unique to the South Coast.

With the Frignes and the Needles, I'm surprised the place is not overwhelmed with visitors.

Are they planning excursions this winter?

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, looks like another cracker of a day here. Yesterday was beautiful, a real pleasure to be out and about even if it is work. It's the best day of the working week for me today, working my way up the Test valley with some lovely reservoir sites to visit and give a good coat of looking at. Going to try and do a bit more modelling tonight as I now have a blog to service with updates. I only started it as an aid to progress, something to stir my conscience when I'm nice and comfy on the sofa watching the big telly.A couple of days in it's working well, don't know what it will be like after a couple of weeks.

I can see the frignes from my house, but only after I've had a few.

Those Frignes are on my list of must see places.

I understand they are unique to the South Coast.

With the Frignes and the Needles, I'm surprised the place is not overwhelmed with visitors.

Are they planning excursions this winter?

I would protest that you're not missing much DD! But then I do live here I guess... unsure.gif

Morning all....

Still doing battle with BT. Even the CEO is hiding from me now...angry.gif

I'm amazed the internet ever got off the ground at dial up speeds.

I see all the ER ring leaders have been downgraded to nobodies. Maybe Andy is trying to tell us something.

Glad to see you made it BoD.biggrin.gif

Change of subject.

I have been wondering how the new RMweb was going to work as regards layouts, work bench etc.

In the index there are no entries in "Layout/Workbench" forums but I notice here that both Graham Kendall and PhilH have "blogs" . Now how does this work?

Can somebody please elucidate please? :icon_what:

I'm amazed the internet ever got off the ground at dial up speeds.

I wonder how we ever coped on 24.4kbps...

I see all the ER ring leaders have been downgraded to nobodies. Maybe Andy is trying to tell us something.biggrin.gif

Ooh, am I a ringleader? :rolleyes: :lol:

Change of subject.

I have been wondering how the new RMweb was going to work as regards layouts, work bench etc.

In the index there are no entries in "Layout/Workbench" forums but I notice here that both Graham Kendall and PhilH have "blogs" . Now how does this work?

Can somebody please elucidate please? icon_what.gif

Hi DOn,

Off the top off of ma heed (because it was all a bit of an accident!!) You have to click into the menu under your picture at the top right, got to "My Settings" and then go to the Layouts/WOrkbenches/BLogs subsection. From there on the right you have to agree to the user note and can then create a new blog.

I hope this helps..!! unsure.gif

• RMweb Premium

Even ISDN speed (64 k) seems awful nowadays, if you ask me :blink: .

Ooh, am I a ringleader? :rolleyes: :lol:

Seems as if I am considered to be one of them, too - although I originally joined up much later than the "Founding Fathers" . Oh well, "mitgefangen, mitgehangen", as we say over here :lol: .

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Few oktas and a definite chill. Supposed to spend the working day strategising then I am summoned to dinner with a customer this evening. Not much time for modelling or the important things by the looks of it.

It's clear from the pictures that Phil really didn't enjoy the DB9 experience. :icon_biggrin:

Cheers

Dave

I see all the ER ring leaders have been downgraded to nobodies. Maybe Andy is trying to tell us something.

I know - I find it quite humbling, as a relative newcomer, to have more droppings than the big names :rolleyes:

Even ISDN speed (64 k) seems awful nowadays, if you ask me :blink: .

Tell me about it! My first Compuserve account cost me a fortune and offered a blistering 9600k. Mind you, web content required far less bandwidth in those days!

Morning.

Cold again out first thing, now boiling in the office as my colleagues have the heating on full whack. Oh well.

Football tonight \o/ - Eastbourne United Association v Hailsham Town - The Sussex Senior Cup, 2nd Round.

Our first of four away matches in a row, and our first of three Cup matches in a row - by the time we get back to League action again at Peacehaven, it'll be the 31st of October...

Good news though on the work front; My annual leave has been accepted. 26th November off to go Christmas shopping (well, that's the plan at least) - and 29th-31st December off as well, giving me a Christmas break of Dec 25-Jan 4th. Plenty of time to play with the hoped for Christmas pressie 4-CEP, with any luck B)

now boiling in the office as my colleagues have the heating on full whack. Oh well.

Can I have some of that heat please? It is freezing cold in my office - and I was just thinking about putting my coat on!

24.4kbps, 24.4kbps when I were a lad................

but yes it does seem amazing that we were use to that.. I still remember the first day I saw the internet, and I thought then this was going to be big, little did I know I would be blathering away on a community/forum about model railways 'n' stuff in 21st cnetury..

t.

Seeing as it's currently 119kbps, the memories are flooding back....but thanks to DD, I have the top man on the case.

Been trying to work out the difference between a layout posting and a blog. It seems a blog is to tell all and sundry what you've been doing, without the forum interrupting.... and then if someone butts in, no one else knows.

I have no idea why, but then perhaps the yoof of today will let me know what I'm missing out on. I think I'm reaching the point in my life where I will step out of modern living and be forever grumbling....

Realised I've gone past my sell by date and will soon be left behind. icon_confused.gif

....but am I bovvered.

• RMweb Premium

Join the grumpy club Gordon. Some of us have been there a while. :) I must admit I am baffled by the difference between layout and workbench blogs and the normal forum threads. Can't for the life of me see why you would want a distinction. Maybe Andy has a grand plan in his head that he hasn't shared with us.

Cheers

Dave (off to find other things to maon about)

Join the grumpy club Gordon. Some of us have been there a while. :) I must admit I am baffled by the difference between layout and workbench blogs and the normal forum threads. Can't for the life of me see why you would want a distinction. Maybe Andy has a grand plan in his head that he hasn't shared with us.

I must admit to being a little baffled myself - which is why I haven't ported across my layout thread yet.

I presume that the blogs are for people who are more active about making updates, and that forum threads are for those who perhaps only make occasional updates. However, I haven't found any layout threads as such. The forum "layout and workbench content" appears to be inviting me to create a blog - therefore, maybe the idea is that blogs are now the only option.

To be honest though, I am not sure I update often enough to have a blog. However, I must say the new forum is growing on me.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Weather looks quite pleasant. I haven't been out yet. I didn't get to sleep until 4.30 (not worrying just indigestion, ate too much too late!) and after seeing everyone off to college went back to sleep.

If you don't want to blog a good way is to model overseas railways or even overseas, narrow-gauge tramways and post in those sections.

Tony

Aaaaragh! I've lost one of my rabbit droppings.

I have posted a question in the Help forum to get to the bottom of the droppings once and for all :unsure:

Edited to add - maybe posting to ERs actually decreases our post count :O