Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Not too bad here this morning - a few bright patches and so far no rain.

Saw the doc today about the shoulder and asked about alternatives to physio and drugs, but he is now suspecting that there is some sort of bone problem with one of the bones rubbing and/or catching on the soft tissue, and before recommending any treatment, he wants me to see a surgeon with a view to having an MRI scan and a soft tissue X ray or two.

Earliest I can get in is about a month away - so will go for that for now.

I can always keep the options open about alternatives, but I am worried (as is my Dr) that manipulation may do more harm than good if his suspicion is correct - and my physio sessions have been stopped for the same reason.

Stewart

Morning everybody!

Too dark to see the oktas but, it looks like there might be some since no start or moon seem to be present either and the temperature's up at 11C already, so logic suggests some atmospheric lagging!

Christmas means many differing things to different people; for me, cards sent, nobody to get presents for, so I either stay at home on my own or get out - so roll on the 22nd for the great escape! just 13 days to go :icon_thumbsup2:

Don - do you celebrate the 26th in preference to the 25th?

Better go and fire the van for another delivery run!

Morning All,

A bit colder this morning - it was 3?°C in the forest, but by the time I got to work, the temperature had risen to 5?°C. However, it is no longer raining which is good!

I've got a two day meeting starting today! :blink:

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning :icon_yawn: ...

Boy, am I tired. Wonder if some cocoa will help me wake up! Just below 3?° outside and still pitch dark.

Dreamed something about model railways last night and was, for a moment, sure I owned a couple of trainsets which I actually do not have :blink: :icon_lol: .

Morning all.....

We could do with some sunshine here Don. Pass it round...cool.gif

BT are back here again today and I'm hoping they will replace the rest of the line down to the road. I suspect we will be off line all day so might even get some real work done for a change.

Earth shattering pounding on the front door last night.

I went armed for bear.

It was the Round Table and Father Christmas on an illuminated cart, collecting for something.

As there are only 30 houses in the extended village (and a fair way to anywhere else), I expect they had slim pickings.

Noisy beggars.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Grey with leaking oktas hereabouts. I see now that there are advantages to living on a dual carriageway with only a line of houses on one side and no steet lights, no carol singers (or trick or treaters). So the carol singers were wearing the mail not delivering it then. Surprised Santa was at the helm, would have thought he had enough on his plate. Another pun-fest? Should have sword that coming.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

The weather is warm and damp here. It was 10?° overnight and is 12?° now. I may have to start thinking about finding Christmas decorations. I think I'm as usual the last person in the road to do anything.

Tony

Morning all! Good start to the day, my razor got jammed in the on position so it'll have to buzz away until its battery runs out of charge, then hopefully I'll be able to conduct some repairs tonight!

On the plus side, just the one okta here at the moment.

Time for my one day in the office this week. Monday and Tuesday were training, tomorrow's a meeting in Inverness (next time I swear I'm going to videoconference...) and Friday I've got a day off, going down to Durham (though unfortunately that means a trip to the dentist too...).

• RMweb Gold

... and on the Father Christmas theme, I just thought I'd save myself some stamps:

post-7041-1260349698185_thumb.jpg

Nice work DD. With my usual disregard of timetable I'll get round to Christmas about Jan 20th, so expect greetings from me on about16/1/10. On the subject of getting in early for Christmas I've just bought some bananas which from the look of them will be ready for eating on Christmas Day. Talk about things going full circle, in the days when fruit and veg had seasons and you couldn't buy runner beans from Malawi or wherever I can remember my dear old dad wrapping apples (Cox's Orange Pippins of course) in newspaper in about September, then storing them on top of a wardrobe so we could have apples at Christmas. Bit of a treat then.

How times have changed!

Restaurant menus still feature "Vegetables in season", whether true or not.

Thank you Dd for your kind thought.

I'm going to print it out and hang it up at home, since it will be the only Christmas card I get!

I used to send out 80 plus and had ribbons across every window at home to hang up the incoming ones. Funny, since I stopped sending cards, the incoming have dried up.

I wonder why?

I don't think I'm mean but last year we saved about ??12 on stamps by hand delivering locally.

Probably spent ??2 on petrol.

The trick is to make a getaway while the dogs are still barking or it can be a very slow process.