The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Stewart, Aditi has the retinopathy photography done and seems totally unaffected. I've had retinas photographed (not diabetes related in my case) and felt that I needed a couple of pairs of sunglasses to cope afterwards. I used to hate anything near my eyes but I've had to get used to it and I'm fairly relaxed about such things now.

Cheers for that Tony - I was dilated with HALF a pack of drops (less than a full drop per eye) and still went fully dilated in less than five minutes, then struggled home with sunglasses on - of course just as I came out of the surgery, the sun came out and I had to walk home with my eyes screwed half shut. I put myself in a darkened room, and it took almost five hours before normal business was resumed - my GP (diabetic expert) said that I am just unlucky and that my eyes are very sensitive to the action of the drops, and I just need to live with it - well it's only once a year.

Chucking it down with rain now.

I'll just lurk awhile, I think.

Regards to All

Stewart

Guest Max Stafford

You picked a good quote for your signature, Pete :yes: .

Sure did and it's one I can readily relate to! :good:

Dave.

No truth that my sig is an aide memoire to you, Dave!!!

I just finished a book about the Homicide Detective Bureau in Shanghai during the 90's - there it was appropriate and mentioned in the book.

Best, Pete.

Good morning Monsters all, and other Early Risers.

Does anyone know what happened to Moo? He was a regular many years ago, disappeared, then reappeared briefly before disappearing again. :pleasantry:

The same about Dseagull.

My foot is back to normal! Thank goodness :yes:

How are everybody elses aches and pains?

Gordon was absent from parade yesterday :huh:

A pleasant clear day here today (It is still pitch dark. Sunrise isn't for another hour and a quarter) but the weather forecast assures us a max of 19C.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Weather looks like it's going to be good, so I guess I should water the flowers later on. I must have slept like a rock as it took a lot of effort to get out of bed!

Think I'll have breakfast and a cuppa coffee now...

Cheers everyone!

Morning All,

It is a rather grey morning here in Karlsruhe, and rain is threatening.

Things seem to be a little quiet around here this morning. I was greeted by a load of SQL errors when I first logged in this morning, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Ample oktas and the solar panels have been having a serious washdown with rain water for the last hour or so. The saga of the panels continues as we have an intermittent fault whereby when the inverter decides to shutdown due to lack of light on the panels it frequently trips out the RCD on the main consumer unit. The electrician is due to return and reconfigure the wiring of the panels to re-distribute the load and re-wire the whole shebang into a separate mains feed. Seemed like a good idea when we started!

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather cloudy and it is raining here. The weather forecast suggests it may be raining until tomorrow afternoon. Matthew and I are going to Chelmsford on Friday evening to watch the T20 cricket (Essex v Glamorgan) so I hope the rain does stop as forecast.

Dave, perhaps the claimed energy conservation of the solar panels is achieved by the circuit breaker activation?

Tony

• RMweb Premium

... Dave, perhaps the claimed energy conservation of the solar panels is achieved by the circuit breaker activation?

Indeed it does significantly cut the electricity consumption. Done 'alf mess up your RMWeb surfin' though.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all!

Enjoyed my visit with Handscombmp to the Swanage Railway yesterday. Shame only one steam loco was in active services, but I did enjoy the view from the heritage DMU.

Here is my external blog link to some photos of the Swanage Railway.

Today's plan of action is to go out into the garage, put the two halfs of Calshot together, check the electrics and then decide what needs to be done about the scenics and general smartening up. I've also got to somehow fit the backcloth (simply a blue bit of fabric at this stage). Also, I forgot to fit the two fluorescent tubes last time so that will need to be done as well...

My e-mail account required access password this morning (as it does, sometimes).

I duly obliged - ten times.

Finally I did the forgotten password procedure and re-set the password to what it was in the first place.

Still no access.

After a while I tried it again and it was successful.

The first e-mail said:

"You have changed your password.

Please note that it may not be effective immediately and try again later".

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

• RMweb Gold

"You have changed your password.

I get most infuriated by the ones that only give you three attempts and then deny access. I know why this is done but it is irritating when I'm convinced I haven't made a mistake (CAPS LOCK on, thick finger typing etc)

I wondered what was happening in Benfleet this morning down at the park where I walk Robbie. The activity was a group of travellers setting up camp on the football pitch. Probably the first time that Benfleet has been in the news since 1667 (trouble with the Dutch Navy).

Tony

• RMweb Premium

I'm not sure just what may have been going on around here either. Fire brigades headed out in force both this morning and about half an hour ago. There's a hardening shop a few hundred metres down the street which I remember saw a series of incidents back in the 90s, though I cannot tell whether this may have been where they went today.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

It's been raining on and off last night, which I assume the garden will have been happy about! It sure is noticeable that it's the end of term as things are visibly winding down these days. I'll need to see one of my lecturers later today as I was planning to write a paper in his course.

Have a good one everyone...

Morning All,

We had quite a bit of rain overnight, and it was raining when I drove to work a little earlier. Now, the sun is out and the humidity has gone up accordingly.

I've got rather a lot to do today. It is my last day in the office before a two week break, and having been down in Karlsruhe for four days, I don't think today is going to be all plain sailing!

Have a good one everybody...

Morning all, raining here most of yesterday afternoon and evening, so humidity today is going to be well horrid.

quite cold here to (about 23C) which will have the locals in thick coats & jumpers (I kid you not!)

Have a good un all (and remember it's FRIDAY!)

Trev

Morning all.

Ear mostly sorted now (I have to go back on Tuesday for another power-washing but at least I can hear again and the pressure's gone). Human ears really have the most terrible design flaw. The nurse who saw me yesterday suggested they should have been made to unscrew for easy cleaning.

• RMweb Premium

Ear mostly sorted now (I have to go back on Tuesday for another power-washing but at least I can hear again and the pressure's gone).

I myself needed to have my ears washed out three times over the past few years. In my case, I usually sensed it would be due when they would kind of close up while showering, and not return to normal for as much as an hour.

The saga of the panels continues as we have an intermittent fault whereby when the inverter decides to shutdown due to lack of light on the panels it frequently trips out the RCD on the main consumer unit. The electrician is due to return and reconfigure the wiring of the panels to re-distribute the load and re-wire the whole shebang into a separate mains feed. Seemed like a good idea when we started!

Have you considered shining a big spotlight onto the panels to keep them going, then power the spotlight from the panels? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. We had our own leccie headaches last week. The RCD kept tripping for no apparent reason and at random. Turns out its gone bad and was having a fit at about 20a load instead of 64. We also found the breaker for the kitchen was wired to a big fat wire that wasn't connected to anything anywhere else. The kitchen in fact is connected to the ground floor ring main. Dodgy Moben b*stards. (previous owner had a whole new kitchen fitted 3 years before we bought the place) When we finally get around to moving the kitchen we're going to have to factor in a full house rewiring.