Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

though going to the doctors always seems like a good way of catching something.

It's always full of unwell people!
... There will be 4 doctors and a medical student there

Enjoy the company but don't catch anything!

• RMweb Gold

Other side of what, one dares ask?

If it's lunch then I'm there; it was on the outside, now it's on the other side!:rolleyes:

Other side refers to today's server transfer (pink notice at the top of many forum pages). I haven't had lunch yet, still need to go shopping!

Tony

Other side refers to today's server transfer (pink notice at the top of many forum pages). I haven't had lunch yet, still need to go shopping!

Ah, thanks for clarifying that, Tony; sorry if I made you feel hungry!:blush:

Await to see what happens when we're all 'in the pink'!

• RMweb Gold

Feeling somewhat unwell right now - headache, temporarily blurred vision, queasy stomach and low BP, it would seem. Not sure whether it's the weather or too little food, though. Mum seems to have had something similar yesterday.

Have an espresso.

Are we on the other side yet or are we still on this side?

• RMweb Gold

Are we on the other side yet or are we still on this side?

Both apparently. I've just seen a reply by Andy Y that said the transfer is going slowly as this site is being kept open during the transfer. I'll log off and go and peel some potatoes. Perhaps that will lessen the server load!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

No wonder posts will be lost. Surely better to shut down for a 'maintenance break' like every other server, transfer then re-open for business?

I've peeled and par boiled the potatoes and I'm back now! I'd go for the maintenance break option but having seen some of the posts on the First Impressions thread perhaps Andy has a wishlist of which posts would disappear! I had many years working in educational IT support and while it was generally a great job, I would have liked a couple of network managers to disappear not just their posts!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone discovered what the multiquote button does?

I daren't click on it in case it sends something to every other member ......or completely fills the database....... or has some other drastic result.

Another question - when you look at the list of active users/logged on members at the bottom of the front page do you all see yourselves as the first name on the list? It used to be in alphabetical order.

Has anyone discovered what the multiquote button does?

I daren't click on it in case it sends something to every other member ......or completely fills the database....... or has some other drastic result.

Another question - when you look at the list of active users/logged on members at the bottom of the front page do you all see yourselves as the first name on the list? It used to be in alphabetical order.

I tried it and nothing happened!

Re the list - it's sorted by who clicked last. There is an option to list alphabetically but that gives a multi page list

I've peeled and par boiled the potatoes and I'm back now! I'd go for the maintenance break option but having seen some of the posts on the First Impressions thread perhaps Andy has a wishlist of which posts would disappear!

Good point!
I had many years working in educational IT support and while it was generally a great job, I would have liked a couple of network managers to disappear not just their posts!

Come across the BOFH?

Can't help BoD. I'm here with John and Tony and as G comes before J, I can only see them in alphabetical order. Why don't you come back and then we'll see.....

If W & S posts don't count, I guess I'll struggle to get past 30 posts now. With no layout threads, there's not much to talk about....biggrin.gif

Ah! You've returned and Gordon S is shown before BoD, so I guess your own name comes first.

Can't help BoD. I'm here with John and Tony and as G comes before J, I can only see them in alphabetical order. Why don't you come back and then we'll see.....

If W & S posts don't count, I guess I'll struggle to get past 30 posts now. With no layout threads, there's not much to talk about....biggrin.gif

Ah! You've returned and Gordon S is shown before BoD, so I guess your own name comes first.

Here's a clue:

189 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)

134 members, 50 Guests, 5 Anonymous Users | Show by: Last Click or Member Name

Now why 'Member Name' goes to a screen with one line per member is anyone's guess.

By default, he who clicks last comes first!;)

I've just worked out how to use the Multiquote function...

Select two Multiquote buttons (or more).

Then rather than use the "Fast Reply" box, click "Add Reply" just above the "Fast Reply" box and the posts you want to quote will appear in the editor.

• RMweb Gold

I don't understand what much of this has to do with breakfast, of which I will say I like bacon eggs and potato scones with toast, jam and coffeee (strong)

But, I may be mistaken

Stockie

Breakfast and being mistaken are two good qualifiers for ER postings!

Tony

I've just worked out how to use the Multiquote function...

Select two Multiquote buttons (or more).

Then rather than use the "Fast Reply" box, click "Add Reply" just above the "Fast Reply" box and the posts you want to quote will appear in the editor.

AH, so it is (probably the closest we'll get to) rocket science! ROFL

Thanks for the explanation!

• RMweb Gold

Yes John.. and been reduced to tears with some of them.. :D in fact there is a book and thinking if should put on the list for Santa.

t.

Never come across BOFL before but have just googled it!

I had to deal with network managers who for instance to keep their access secure handed out passwords that didn't work or told everyone to log on as user1 and then blame them for the crash; one manager decided to tell all the students the network managers password, another decided to delete all the files in the windows system directory (as they didn't know what they were for). One problem that took me a while to sort out was that the head of business studies used to disconnect the rest of his schools network cabling to make the network faster for his lessons. Of course these were the ones who were offended at the invitation to attend a network managers course. I had to be nice to these people as well. Fortunately most people I worked with were really good and were a pleasure to work with.

Tony

Morning All,

Hmmm - looks like the server upgrade worked. RMWeb seems blisteringly fast this morning.

Up early, even for me to get the last of the packing sorted out before heading off to the airport this morning.

UK here I come!

The temperature here this morning is hovering just above freezing, so it's anything but warm.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Yesterday morning my motor bike decided to brake down, freezing fog stuck down a country lane, no light, cold, fed up, two hours to walk home ??¦and I bet it??™s going to cost me an arm and a wallet to get fixed, oh well just means I will have to stay in over the weekend and get on with the layout!.

Darren01