The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Didn't get to look at the forums yesterday as I was on a boys day out to South Wales. Checked out the Big Pit museum and quite a few pubs. Descending 90 metres in a pit head cage and wandering around underground in a coal mine is an interesting experience. Nothing like how it would have been for the workers but fascinating all the same. A lot of Wales seemed to be closed!

Been stuck with Barbara Streisand "you don't bring me flowers" for several days but moved on at last. Seems to be Scherezade at the moment!

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Bright clear morning here again. Working 2-11 today so time to make the best of it. I quite enjoyed the novelty of a 9-5 shift yesterday but at least this shift allows me to get up at a reasonable time.

Last night I re-branded and numbered two Bachmann K3s for the project. It was a pretty spontaneous act as they'd been sitting under a pile of round tuits for a few months. I'm also repainting a couple of coach sides and I hope to make a little progress on this before work.

Dave.

PS. Roy Budd - Carter takes a train.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Played this one last night when I got home - now it won't go away - this guy is amazing for his age (18) - I think I've mentioned him before,

Lovely sunny day here at present - summer has arrived at last...

Regards to All

Stewart

Guest tony graham

A rather a relaxed morning this morning as SWMBO is suffering after last nights falling down water. Windows to clean this afternoon before taking myself along to the doctors for an MOT. And as its a rather nice day here in Carlisle I think I will take the chance to walk to town and walk off the calories or at least some of them from last nights meal we had with the olds to celebrate Mother Olds 60th.

Hey! I'm 60 this year but only 19 in my head...........................my daughter is 15.

Best, Pete.

PS Still running through the nuances of Tony's "Rainy Night in Georgia" I really dig the half sung, half spoken introduction:

"Hoverin' by my suitcase, trying to find a warm place to stay the night. Heavy rain fallin', seems I hear your voice calling 'It's alright...'"

Edited by trisonic

Morning guys up at the crack of dawn again feeding cats and tea drinking . lovely and cool here in Southern Ohio good day to be in the garden . If it stays this cool I can see me nursing a glass of Lagavulin and a cosy fire later , on out on the deck :-)

Had no idea you were and old fart like me Pete LOL !!!!

Afraid so - tho' I still have all my hair and most of it still not grey either.

You must have been here for a long time if you were in 'Nam - or was that later?

This is a recent photo (with the late Barry Webber from Antiques Roadshow (USA) - my best pal over here). I'm the one with the Strat.

post-9016-0-60527500-1317209591.jpg

Best, Pete.

PS Still "Rainy Night....."

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

I woke up this mornin', the interweb was down

Oh, I woke this m... etc!

Everything (well everything internet related) working again. Perhaps the lack of internet actually caused me to have an earworm today (and realise I'd need to remember to remember) Anyway it was Gypsy Rose as sung by Tracy Grammer.

Tony

Music for Don Bradley.

Here's something wot I wrote that you may like, Don.

It's a Requiem for my Great Uncle George Hadler of the Royal West Kents who was slaughtered on the Somme, one amongst many tens of thousands, yet I wanted him remembered. You can see a photo of him on the website for Sittingbourne's War Memorial:

Requiem - George Hadler.mp3

Hope this works. If anyone likes it you can download it. I recorded it and mixed to CD standards but this version is Mp3. To listen just click on it.

Er, if you find it endlessly cycles click stop after the two solo muffled drum beats! This is not some trisonic plan to implant "earworms"....................

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Daylight's slowly setting in over here and far as the weather forecast goes, the Indian summer will most likely last through the weekend.

Pete - I'll have a listen soon, thanks for sharing!

Should ERs have their own signature tune?

Suggestions?

I suggest either Aaron Copland's "Fanfare for the Common Man", "Utopia" or "So Pure" by Alanis Morissette (yes, I do like her music... :) ), "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles, or Billy Joel's "River of Dreams".

Morning All,

It looks like it is going to be another nice day today. It started off a little misty and rather dewey - but the sun will be up soon and the sky is clear.

I'm glad it is nearly the weekend. It is a long one too!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all, had a couple of internetless days, which has been a real pain, as it's almost the only contact with the rest of the world!

can't comment on the music, being tone deaf, and only remembering bits from my youth ............ misty here this morning which means it might be warm later, and still the A/C in the cars not fixed,Grrrrrr!

Enjoy your day folks

Trev

Pete, Thank you for the requiem. You cannot have known him, since he must have died 35 years before you were born.

My respect for you has leapt upwards prodigeously. I must presume that it was played on some form of synthesiser, since I could hear an organ, strings,trumpet, drums and a huge choir!. .

Should ERs have their own signature tune? How about "Morning" from Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt, but even more appropriatly, Sullivan's duet by the two Kings in Gondoliers, "Rising Early in the morning we proceed to light the fire etc. etc. etc.......

Morning campers... :D

Got back last night after three days of glorious sun, eating, drinking and my best attempts to play golf. The countryside and views of the Gower Peninsula were outstanding. Another hidden gem...

Paying for it all this morning with every joint in urgent requirement of WD40.

Seems we're in for a few scorching days.

Track in my head is 'Fresh air for my mama' from 10cc. Could listen to their stuff all day long for the lyrics alone. Very witty and clever, just like ER's....

Edited by gordon s